About The Ring

22 Jun 2010 06:40 #1 by LopingAlong
About The Ring was created by LopingAlong
I just posted a thread in The Ring about healthcare and pushed 'submit' and then went in to feed the cats. So while I'm scooping out their food, I realized something that to me, anyway, is profound.

I'd just posted in The Ring. Me. In another dimension, on another site, I'd never even post a thought in a thread, and here I was, opening a can of worms and asking Viking and TPP to go ahead and come at me. How cool is it that here, in this forum where there are no controls, no mods, no 'rules' really, that I can post and feel safe?

I just find the irony of it all a little entertaining.

Thank you 285Bound, for the freedom of expression that is allowed here.
And thankyou posters, for the respect demonstrated here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2010 06:48 #2 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic About The Ring
:yeahthat: :party

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

22 Jun 2010 07:01 #3 by CC
Replied by CC on topic About The Ring
Amen to that Loping.
I am just amazed and thrilled each day.
I used to believe that my neighbors were pretty mean and I am sure they thought the same of me.
I now get up each day looking forward to what entertaining things my neighbors are up to and post here. Some of you guys are pretty darn funny.
It is great to start the day with a smile or a chuckle.
Thanks 285bound and my neighbors.

22 Jun 2010 07:23 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic About The Ring
And dmcdd and I just responded to you there and even if it gets heated, isn't it grreat that we can all debate and discuss like actual adults and not worry about some over zealous, controling, bored people sitting at home scolding us for what we wrote or deleting part of our debate and discussion becase they are not comfortable with our tone? :Censored And the part I love is that I will never again have to read these ridiculous, ignorant, condesending words again. "We feel this discussion has run it's course so we are locking the thread.' :banned: WHAT??? Says who? The discussion police? What is new people just joined and see it as an interesting topic and want to join in? Nope, it has been decided how much is enough to talk about something. Idiots! :bash

22 Jun 2010 07:24 #5 by The Viking
And the funny part is that I am sure people from another site are reading this and still sitting there on their high horse looking down on us saying they are right. The definition of insanity. Doing the same failed policies over and over again expecting different results.

22 Jun 2010 07:34 #6 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic About The Ring

LopingAlong wrote: I just posted a thread in The Ring about healthcare and pushed 'submit' and then went in to feed the cats. So while I'm scooping out their food, I realized something that to me, anyway, is profound.

I'd just posted in The Ring. Me. In another dimension, on another site, I'd never even post a thought in a thread, and here I was, opening a can of worms and asking Viking and TPP to go ahead and come at me. How cool is it that here, in this forum where there are no controls, no mods, no 'rules' really, that I can post and feel safe?

I just find the irony of it all a little entertaining.

Thank you 285Bound, for the freedom of expression that is allowed here.
And thankyou posters, for the respect demonstrated here.

:hands: :woo hoo: :wave: :thumbsup: :grouphug: :peace: :party :Exactly:

Well said LA. Feels good huh?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 Jun 2010 13:15 #7 by Abner
Replied by Abner on topic About The Ring

The definition of insanity. Doing the same failed policies over and over again expecting different results.

So by that rationale, voting in the 2 party system is insane. :biggrin:

22 Jun 2010 13:29 #8 by The Viking

Abner wrote:

The definition of insanity. Doing the same failed policies over and over again expecting different results.

So by that rationale, voting in the 2 party system is insane. :biggrin:

Pretty much but I really don't think that will ever change.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds