Burland neighbor wasting water, how to report?

01 Aug 2011 18:39 #11 by MamaRama
Nor can you fill your Camper from inside your home unless your water tanks are on your basement level and you can tap into them.. and i guess there's always a question about getting water to your fire-pit?? I still don't believe that with the wells in Burland being as bad as they are that wasting water (for whatever reason) is acceptible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2011 18:42 #12 by 2wlady
It doesn't matter, Photo-fish. If you have residental, outdoor faucets should not have been installed. It keeps the homeowner from being "tempted" to use water outside.

Any water outside in this area belongs to Denver Water.

We're lucky in that we have a domestic well and rent two extra water shares per year for outdoor or other use. We don't use nearly that amount of water, though. Just good to have "in case."

01 Aug 2011 18:49 #13 by Wily Fox aka Angela
so, if I am following this conversation correctly; then anyone that has a well cannot run a drip system on gardens, cannot wash a car, cannot fill a spa or pool?

01 Aug 2011 18:55 #14 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I found this document that contains the information for Jefferson County
http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/jeffco/pl ... ng_web.pdf

01 Aug 2011 19:45 #15 by Martin Ent Inc
Home use is different from domestic is different from agricultural, etc.

01 Aug 2011 19:59 #16 by Wily Fox aka Angela
my head just exploded...

01 Aug 2011 21:49 #17 by CC
I disagree with the outdoor spigot and think all residents should have one in case of fire.
If there is a wildland fire......I want to be able to protect my home.

01 Aug 2011 21:50 #18 by Local_Historian
I agree - not that it would make much a of a difference. My well is slow, even slower when the neighbors decide they have to use water outside (same issue here) and a 300 gallon tank empties quick.

02 Aug 2011 06:48 #19 by rldbailey
You should really confirm what type of well your neighbors have before filing a complaint. I have neighbors that had to have work done to their well done last Summer, and being the delightful neighbors they are, they yelled at us, complained to others and attempted to blame us for their well problems because we were watering a small vegetable garden. Keep in mind that my well is clear on the other side of my house/property and in no way affects the production of their well. This was confirmed by the person that was working on the neighbors well, but as we know, it's always easier to blame others for our troubles. I have a domestic well and the paperwork to prove it, so the neighbor made my life a living hell because of their ignorance.

I called and verified that I was within my rights to be watering my garden and I can use for livestock as well, so I typed up my permit number, the phone number and name of person I talked to and put it in a plastic sheet cover and put it outside to have ready for when the neighbor starts yelling and/or complaining again!

I'm ready for the next round.

02 Aug 2011 07:54 #20 by Nobody that matters
If the OP's neighbor had their well drilled prior to May 8, 1972, or they have 35 acres, they are well within their rights to use the water as they are. If the well is newer and they have less than 35 acres, they are abusing their well permit.

I have three outside spigots. I will open them wide if a fire is approaching, and I won't give even a first thought to well restrictions. Other than that, they are used for washing dogs, filling watr jugs for camping, and filling the kid's water guns.

Go here to look up your neighbor's permit... It's all public record.

http://www.dwr.state.co.us/wellpermitsearch/default.aspx

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds