Suggestions?

03 Aug 2011 10:06 #21 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Suggestions?
Black bean casserole. Pour some green chili in the bottom of the crockpot or a baking dish. Add a layer of corn tortilla strips, a layer of black beans, onions and roasted chilis a layer of cheese (if you eat it) and keep going until you have enough, pour more green chili over the top. Serve with sliced avocados.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2011 10:09 #22 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Suggestions?

chickaree wrote: Black bean casserole. Pour some green chili in the bottom of the crockpot or a baking dish. Add a layer of corn tortilla strips, a layer of black beans, onions and roasted chilis a layer of cheese (if you eat it) and keep going until you have enough, pour more green chili over the top. Serve with sliced avocados.

STFU!

LOL..........couldn't resist. You're making me VERY hungry Chickaree. Bad girl, but great suggestion. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

03 Aug 2011 14:45 #23 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Suggestions?

chickaree wrote: Black bean casserole. Pour some green chili in the bottom of the crockpot or a baking dish. Add a layer of corn tortilla strips, a layer of black beans, onions and roasted chilis a layer of cheese (if you eat it) and keep going until you have enough, pour more green chili over the top. Serve with sliced avocados.

Oh this sounds yummy!! I will make this no matter if it's for the first night. She will love it, thanks!

03 Aug 2011 15:01 #24 by chickaree

Sunshine Girl wrote:

STFU!

LOL..........couldn't resist. You're making me VERY hungry Chickaree. Bad girl, but great suggestion. :heart:

:faint: :VeryScared: rofllol

03 Aug 2011 15:08 #25 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Suggestions?
I think chickaree should have his/her own cooking forum here.
That last suggestions sounds awesome.
Gonna try that this weekend.

03 Aug 2011 18:01 #26 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Suggestions?
SG, what is STFU?

chickaree, thank you! Sounds perfect for one night while she's here if not the first night! Do I need to add any liquid of any kind?

Becky, let me know how it turns out, please! I won't be at the picnic, I'm so sad about that. We'll be in Hawaii though so that kinda helps. Hope it's a fun time!

03 Aug 2011 18:22 #27 by chickaree
The Chili verde should offer all the liquid you need. Of course the better the quality of your green chili the better the casserole, but even the canned Hatches at the grocery store can be dressed up.

03 Aug 2011 19:43 #28 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic Suggestions?

LopingAlong wrote: SG, what is STFU?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stfu

03 Aug 2011 20:03 #29 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Suggestions?
I was joking because VL uses that I think. lol

I'll be in Hawaii with LA too. :wink:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds