all this neighbor watching feels like Pinecam shenanigans

02 Aug 2011 20:04 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I must say that I have found that a few threads started today (in my mind) belong over at Pinecam where they have taken this snarky neighbor thing to a whole new level: threads involving people ratting out their neighbors instead of talking and countless threads complaining about everything under the sun. It just goes on and on and on over there.

OKAY, but so NOW I AM COMPLAINING.... geez... it is so easy to get sucked into the wormhole

maybe it's all this rain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2011 20:17 #2 by jf1acai
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the BIG difference here is that all are able to post opinions/questions/rebuttals without fear of reprisal.

Sometimes we just need an opportunity to vent, so we can get back to real life. Sometimes we just need guidance from others as to how to proceed in a specific situation.

I appreciate that 285Bound gives us that opportunity.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

02 Aug 2011 20:23 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela
good response... causes me to take pause... thanks

02 Aug 2011 20:55 #4 by Blazer Bob

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: good response... causes me to take pause... thanks

Oh, I thought you post was just an excuse to have a place to put that worm hole pic. I like this one better. :biggrin:

http://www.pause.com/index.php?callback=image&pid=378&width=&height=&mode=

Edit: that image goes with a thread about Star Gate Universe.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... iLsgLyyq0O

02 Aug 2011 21:20 #5 by ScienceChic

neptunechimney wrote: Oh, I thought you post was just an excuse to have a place to put that worm hole pic. I like this one better. :biggrin:

Of course you do! :biggrin: I'm sure it's for the green alien... rofllol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Aug 2011 21:57 #6 by Dadirtykid
My neighbors defy the laws of nature. Is there someone I can call for that?

Napalm sticks to kids.
Sometimes I would love to take a big stick and knock the stupid out of people.

02 Aug 2011 22:04 #7 by ScienceChic
Ooh, ooh! Pick me! It's been too long since I studied nature and analyzed its various anomalies! tongue:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Aug 2011 22:10 #8 by Dadirtykid

Science Chic wrote: Ooh, ooh! Pick me! It's been too long since I studied nature and analyzed its various anomalies! tongue:

Ok, how about a house color that could only be found in nature in the infected private parts of some sort of rodent. There are many more but I don't want to give too much away.

Napalm sticks to kids.
Sometimes I would love to take a big stick and knock the stupid out of people.

02 Aug 2011 22:15 #9 by The Viking

Dadirtykid wrote: My neighbors defy the laws of nature. Is there someone I can call for that?

VL is your neighbor?

02 Aug 2011 22:18 #10 by ScienceChic

Dadirtykid wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Ooh, ooh! Pick me! It's been too long since I studied nature and analyzed its various anomalies! tongue:

Ok, how about a house color that could only be found in nature in the infected private parts of some sort of rodent. There are many more but I don't want to give too much away.

Ewww. Sounds as bad as meconium-colored walls (no joke - at the old Children's Hospital in the Genetic Counselors offices).

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds