Top Gear (bbca)

29 Aug 2011 21:31 #1 by pacamom
Top Gear (bbca) was created by pacamom
I didn't watch last nights episode until tonight. All I can say is WOW. How cool it would be to drive the Monaco Grand Prix course? Although I am not sure I would want Bernie as my tutor. The rest of the episode was really funny also. And the Aston Martins were just gorgeous. Anybody got a few 100,000 to spare?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2011 22:27 #2 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Top Gear (bbca)
Didn't watch this. I do think it would be fun to drive in Monaco on the Grand Prix course, too.

29 Aug 2011 22:33 #3 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Top Gear (bbca)
I love fast women!

Oh, OK, I'll try to be good, errr, PC...

for a while! :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Aug 2011 23:02 #4 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Top Gear (bbca)
Ahhh, but I am fast. Not the way you may think tho. The first place finisher doesn't count. That's a formula ford. And that gt3 shouldn't count either. :biggrin: They have probably 200 HP over me.

http://rmr.pca.org/staticpages/2011even ... esults.pdf

29 Aug 2011 23:32 #5 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Top Gear (bbca)
I knew you were fast, paca, but I didn't realize how fast!

Congrats!

:thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

30 Aug 2011 08:23 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Top Gear (bbca)
Just got into the BBC show, don't much care for the American one. But in my house, it is the wife who is a fiend for the show. Aren't the husbands supposed to be into the motorsports?

Visited Monaco for a couple hours one day, they are all about the Grand Prix, I would say 75% of the tourist stuff is GP related.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Aug 2011 08:59 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Top Gear (bbca)

SS109 wrote: Just got into the BBC show, don't much care for the American one. But in my house, it is the wife who is a fiend for the show. Aren't the husbands supposed to be into the motorsports? Not necessarily! In my house - it's me who's into the fast cars while hubby watches DIY, HGTV, and the Food Network :biggrin:

Visited Monaco for a couple hours one day, they are all about the Grand Prix, I would say 75% of the tourist stuff is GP related.

I agree that the American version isn't good. I'm jealous that you've been there, even for a short while - it' on my list!

One of these days I'd like to watch paca race too! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Aug 2011 09:16 #8 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Top Gear (bbca)
There's a whole world of women racers out there. When I grow up, I want to be one.

http://octanechicks.com/

This is a great video of Sabine Schmitz. She has got one of the best jobs in the world.

http://youtu.be/_tG3Tx1e704

31 Aug 2011 13:29 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Top Gear (bbca)
Just in case you've had a hankering to go out and do some...! :biggrin:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/falk ... 2011-08-26
TopGear.com’s guide to donuts
Not the Krispy Kreme variety. Falken UK drift champs teach us the noble art….
Posted by: Vijay Pattni, 30 August 2011

Contrary to schoolyard lore, ‘donuting' isn't a euphemism for a bizarre sexual practice, nor is it the noble endeavour of pelting unsuspecting motorists with reams of deep-fried sugary dough. It is, actually, the first step in becoming an artisan of sideways driving; a connoisseur of smoking your rear tyres while moving in an angle at some considerable speed to the amusement of a slack-jawed audience.

In short, it is the first step to drifting.

You should know all about this fine art by now; it is the only way Internet winner Ken Block knows how to drive. Show him a straight line and he'll show you a look of contempt. But as with everything in life - barring a recording duet with Jedward - it is much, much harder than it actually looks. And it is a two-stage learning process. Stage one is donuting.

Not the Friday-night-at-the-car-park special - that's just spinning around the front two wheels. No, this is proper donuting, where the entire car spins around a circumference.

So when the lovely chaps at Team Falken valiantly offered to teach TopGear.com's useless but enthusiastic staffer a tutorial in ‘something decent', much biting of hands was performed. Turns out ‘something decent' was, in fact, something bloody terrifying.

lol :like:

There's a quick, pretty sweet video (not on YouTube, can't post here, sorry) in the link above of the team drivers working it, but the music set to the action is...Evanescence?????? :dontget:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds