Conifer Town Center Foreclosure

01 Sep 2011 14:10 #1 by Stymie
So, it looks like it finally happened. I'm not a real estate guru. Does anyone know what the possible outcomes are?

http://insertions.lcni6.com/adserve?Action=Display&CatHead=36&AdNumber=0009358&PubId=039

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Sep 2011 14:31 #2 by pacamom
What is the Village at Elk Crossing? That is included along with the Conifer Town Center.

01 Sep 2011 15:47 #3 by hvgal
Nope, no surprise here although I did think that maybe Safeway would sustain them a little longer. I guess this is what happens when you are greedy. I think the bank will own this one for a while. I am in commercial real estate and have been watching forclosures. Very few of them are being picked up at this point primarily because no one is financing commercial property right now. This center was so poorly planned that it is almost impossible to make it cash flow and have successful tenants. The water situation will make it virtually impossible for anyone to make this work in the long run.

01 Sep 2011 16:02 #4 by homeagain

hvgal wrote: Nope, no surprise here although I did think that maybe Safeway would sustain them a little longer. I guess this is what happens when you are greedy. I think the bank will own this one for a while. I am in commercial real estate and have been watching forclosures. Very few of them are being picked up at this point primarily because no one is financing commercial property right now. This center was so poorly planned that it is almost impossible to make it cash flow and have successful tenants. The water situation will make it virtually impossible for anyone to make this work in the long run.

If you don't mind....can I tap into your expertise?
Will they just re-structure the debt OR does this kill the tax base for Jeffco area? If I owned in Jeffco,I would think this would impact
MY house,am I wrong?

01 Sep 2011 17:58 #5 by mountaindollar
Not surprised, when we were looking both the town center and King Soopers were looking to charge us $28.00 (including NNN) a square foot and that was for a 3 year lease they gave you a little bit of break for a 5 year lease.

The current building we are in hits forclosure sometime this month so who knows what kind of wild ride we are about to be on.

The King Soopers Center might be able to hang on with Big R coming in and it will bring jobs. Hope that all the other businesses that are related to what they carry can still keep going. If not it does not matter if they will bring 25 to 30 jobs to the area it will be a wash if the other businesses close.

01 Sep 2011 18:06 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Conifer Town Center Foreclosure
Forgive me.... :) ...What is Big R? I have been gone a little while.

01 Sep 2011 18:30 #7 by mountaindollar
Here is a link to Big R http://www.bigr.com/

According to the paper last week they will open up sometime this fall next to Knit Knook.

Looks kind of like a Murdocks to me.

01 Sep 2011 22:00 #8 by The Viking
Just saw this. So do all the stores there get to stay open? Does Safeway and Brooks Tavern and Verizon and all the others still continue business?

01 Sep 2011 22:12 #9 by hvgal
Homeagain, if I knew how to do that fancy in-the-box quote thing I would but I don't. So to answer your question it is a little early to say. At this point I don't see it effecting the tax base. Most lenders are sitting on the properties in the hopes that the economy will recover and they can put tenants in the space. It will not effect the tax base until it is reassessed which should be when it is sold. If it is sold at auction, most likely it will be the bank that purchases it for the debt and you don't see much of an adjustment then. Even if there was an adjustment I don't think it would effect your home...it would take a lot. I personnally think the greatest community concern here is that they will let the center sit and rot. They will probably keep Safeway in there but if everything else goes there is a chance they will shut the center down because it is cheaper to let it go than to keep it up. When you have tenants they pay for the up-keep. When you don't, you pay for it. When this reverts to the bank I think as a community we will need to get involved and put pressure on them to lower the rental rates and get some tenants in there so it doesn't become the 285 eye sore...enough ranting...at least for today.

01 Sep 2011 23:11 #10 by ScienceChic

hvgal wrote: Homeagain, if I knew how to do that fancy in-the-box quote thing I would but I don't.

Here's how, just FYI: Click on the Quote button located at the bottom right hand corner of each post. It will open the reply box for you to type your reply in with the member's post you quoted already in there.
File Attachment:

This info may be incorrect, but I heard that it wasn't the developers who set the ridiculously high rents, but rather the bank who held the loan, so that even if the developers wanted to lower rents in order to help the tenants stay in business and continue to pay them, they couldn't. Anyone know if that could be true? If so, the banks are yet again screwing over this economy recovery. My next door neighbor, who's been selling real estate since he was 18 and is a whiz at economics, rails at the loan approvals. He claims that if banks would start approving refinances for self-employed (like himself - he's considered "high risk" because he works for himself, despite the fact that he's never been late on a payment on his house that he's owned for 7 years), on jumbo loans, or for people who have great credit histories, especially if they are upside down on the mortgages through no fault of their own (like getting a no-interest loan prior), that we'd actually start seeing the economic recovery that low interest rates were supposed to provide. Unfortunately, banks are focusing on hoarding their cash, not approving loans, and screwing over the majority of the public by implementing more and more fees instead...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds