Top 5 or so states you would live in.

10 Sep 2011 16:47 #11 by pineinthegrass
I enjoyed Reno, NV when I was there but I wouldn't consider Vegas.

No state income tax, it's kind of a smaller version of Denver (up against nice mountains) with clearer skies and less traffic and snow. But it is very pricey to live in the mountains towards Lake Tahoe.

I lived in California too, which I liked. But it's too crowded and way too many taxes, at least where I lived (San Jose area).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2011 17:20 #12 by chickaree
Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Washington. It's gotta have mountains.

10 Sep 2011 18:09 #13 by AlpineMike
Colorado (native), Wyoming (mountains), Montana, or Alaska. Like chickaree and homeagain....gotta have the Rocky Mountains!

10 Sep 2011 18:20 #14 by chickaree
I don't know if I could stand the dark winters in Alaska. Colorado has me addicted to sunshine.

10 Sep 2011 19:06 #15 by jf1acai
Well, I'm currently in Colorado (my favorite), confusion, and disorder - guess I would add Montana and Idaho. lol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Sep 2011 19:30 #16 by Wayne Harrison

chickaree wrote: I don't know if I could stand the dark winters in Alaska. Colorado has me addicted to sunshine.

I took living in as meaning you wouldn't have to STAY in them. I could do Texas in the Spring and Fall and spend the summers in Colorado.

10 Sep 2011 19:51 #17 by homeagain

chickaree wrote: I don't know if I could stand the dark winters in Alaska. Colorado has me addicted to sunshine.

YEP,that's
why alot of people move back down to the lower 48......kinda' like up here on the mountain. Fall in love with the state in the summer,
experience 18-24 months of the TRUE Alaska and opt to leave....just like up here,kinda' weeds out the riff-raff :biggrin: The KEY to living
up there is purchasing a "sun box"....(full-spectrum lighting) which mimics "daylight". On the SECOND time around(in Wasillia) I bought
one and would grab my coffee at 7AM,sit in front of the "sun" and watch Northern Exposure :biggrin: Living in Alaska is much like living up here on the mountain......you either love it and CAN NOT imagine living any other place OR you have one of those "slap your forehead
moments and think WTH was I thinking,get me the he-- out of here. There is NO middle ground.....(for those who have "heard" this before,in one of my posts on PC,I'm sorry to be a broken record :wink: )This broken text thing is driving me batty....looks good in preview and then breaks up when I hit send.

10 Sep 2011 19:56 #18 by chickaree
I do know that after spending a week back east with the cloudy, hazy skies I am desperate to see the sun. I guess I'm just a Colorado girl born and bred. :sunshine:

10 Sep 2011 21:04 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Top 5 or so states you would live in.
I grew up here, I am a creature of habit and I think the only way I could live somewhere else would be if I lived near the california beach in the winter. But I don't see myself leaving Colorado. I am dug in.

10 Sep 2011 21:09 #20 by CC
I liked San Diego and La Jolla but pineinthegrass is right......way to many people.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds