Meyer Ranch Fire this spring was arson?

23 Sep 2011 14:24 #11 by jf1acai
The Denver Post has now corrected the miss-information related to the Meyer Ranch fire.

This story has been corrected in this online archive. Originally it said another large fire was linked to the girl. That was incorrect.

Read more: Jefferson County girl, 13, accused of setting fires meant to kill family - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18959 ... z1YoELBBTL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2011 14:50 #12 by 2wlady
Typically when a child is setting fires, they are crying out for help and attention. I went to school with a boy who was in that situation. None of us knew how troubled he was. It was very sad.

23 Sep 2011 15:04 #13 by Wayne Harrison

jf1acai wrote: The Denver Post has now corrected the miss-information related to the Meyer Ranch fire.

This story has been corrected in this online archive. Originally it said another large fire was linked to the girl. That was incorrect.

Read more: Jefferson County girl, 13, accused of setting fires meant to kill family - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18959 ... z1YoELBBTL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

But now The Flume just posted the original, incorrect info.

23 Sep 2011 16:01 #14 by jf1acai
The Flume has corrected their article:

CORRECTED: This version of the story was corrected to indicate that there has been no connection established between the 13-year-old girl with the Meyer Ranch fire.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

23 Sep 2011 16:37 #15 by Wily Fox aka Angela
the reported told me I was wrong and told me it was Meyer Ranch, I replied that she was getting Meyers Gulch and Meyer Ranch confused.

23 Sep 2011 16:44 #16 by Wayne Harrison
I think part of the confusion is that the Meyer Ranch Fire was mentioned by someone as possibly giving the teen the idea of starting a fire. Two fires at her house broke out within 24 hours of the Meyer Ranch Fire.

As I recall, they thought a truck dragging a chain or something accidentally started the Meyer Ranch Fire.

23 Sep 2011 17:05 #17 by jf1acai
KDVR Ch 31 still has the story wrong on 5:00 News. Does anyone check the 'news' they provide?

23 Sep 2011 18:05 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Meyer Ranch Fire this spring was arson?
Once again, I know you guys are worried about the accuracy but I am still in awe that 13 year old tried to kill her family.

23 Sep 2011 19:11 #19 by Local_Historian
I taught At Risk and alternative school kids - I'm not surprised that she tried this in the least.

23 Sep 2011 19:14 #20 by jf1acai
Yes, I am concerned about accuracy in the local media. I expect them to have some knowledge of what they are reporting about, and I am disappointed with most of them.

Kudos to TDC for getting the facts correct.

As near as I can tell, at this point charges have not been filed. She will likely be charged with arson, and may or may not be charged with attempted murder.

Time, and hopefully better reporting of the facts, will tell us more.

In any event, it is clear to me that she seriously needs help, if in fact she is guilty of either arson or attempted murder.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds