Meyer Ranch Fire this spring was arson?

23 Sep 2011 06:44 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Meyer Ranch Fire this spring was arson? was created by CinnamonGirl
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18959386

A 13-year-old girl is facing attempted- murder, arson and other charges in a series of fires meant to kill her family, Jefferson County authorities say.
She was arrested after her fourth attempt, Jefferson County sheriff's spokeswoman Jacki Kelley said Thursday.
The teen is suspected of starting the Meyer Ranch fire along U.S. 285 near Conifer in April, which forced the evacuation of 80 homes before firefighters contained the 40-acre wildfire.
The girl and her family lived near where the fire started, Kelley said.

Read more: Jefferson County girl, 13, accused of setting fires meant to kill family - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18959 ... z1YmMbCmY1
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I remember when this happened and the scanners and I were remarking on how that house fire started again the next day. I had no idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2011 07:48 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
I thought everyone knew this.

23 Sep 2011 08:06 #3 by jf1acai
The Denver Post has the wrong fire. It was the Myers Gulch fires, not the Meyer Ranch fire. TDC has it right - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/29 ... etail.html

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Sep 2011 09:07 #4 by CC
THX JF I thought that sounded a little strange when I read it.

23 Sep 2011 10:39 #5 by jf1acai
It is also interesting to note that the Denver Post thinks that Inca Road, in Indian Hills, is in Evergreen (<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14210 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14210<!-- l -->).

Maybe they need some education regarding the 'wilderness' West of C470?

Or maybe the reporter should just check facts before reporting - nah, not likely.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

23 Sep 2011 11:04 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Meyer Ranch Fire this spring was arson?
Uh, what are your thoughts about the arson part by a 13 year old?

23 Sep 2011 11:17 #7 by jf1acai
It is obvious that there are major mental problems involved, whether she is guilty or someone else. I have no idea whether it was attempted murder or arson for arson's sake. I don't think there can be any doubt that arson was involved.

23 Sep 2011 12:19 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I sent an email to the reporter at the Post with a link to Channel 7's coverage for correct location

23 Sep 2011 12:45 #9 by jf1acai
Thank you.

I'm not sure where the miss-information originated, but I see the Flume has it now too.

23 Sep 2011 13:11 #10 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I thought that is why we have NEWS organizations - they are supposed to vet the stories and not just pass along information they "find on the internet". sheesh

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds