Dumb parade today

25 Sep 2011 14:12 #11 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Dumb parade today
I have my own opinions about today's event - and since I knew it was coming, it was easy to plan my day around it. We have no need to leave the house before 3pm, so we won't. After that, the roads will be clear agin, still light enough to go to the bark park, and the grocery store is pretty much always open- so all is good.

Relax and breathe, VL - today is a beautiful day, and no need to rush off to anywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2011 15:06 #12 by mozartsmom
Replied by mozartsmom on topic Dumb parade today
I drive down the hill at 8:30 a.m. to go to church, then drive back up the hill and wave at the bikers coming back down the hill.

My son was in that school on that fateful day as well, this ride is a fundraiser for the "I Luv U Guys" Foundation and will always be respected by me. May Emily rest in peace and all the bikers that have been injured or killed riding for this event or others like it, be Blessed.

25 Sep 2011 15:16 #13 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Dumb parade today
thanks to all who rode in the parade and to all the volunteers at the school.

had a blast waving and thanking all of those who help support the foundation.

rest in peace emily keyes.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

25 Sep 2011 17:41 #14 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Dumb parade today
I don't know what motorcycles have to do with anything?

25 Sep 2011 19:49 #15 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Dumb parade today
I had more problem with the Leafers than the motorcyclists today. It is like those leafers have no clue how to drive in the mountains.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Sep 2011 19:50 #16 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Dumb parade today
Well this is one that won't ride in a crowd of wannabees, that's how you get killed/injured.

25 Sep 2011 21:35 #17 by Local_Historian

SS109 wrote: I had more problem with the Leafers than the motorcyclists today. It is like those leafers have no clue how to drive in the mountains.

Here's the sad part - they don't have a clue how to drive in the city either. So those who work downhill are screwed this time of year every day of the week.

25 Sep 2011 22:41 #18 by Residenttroll returns

Local_Historian wrote:

SS109 wrote: I had more problem with the Leafers than the motorcyclists today. It is like those leafers have no clue how to drive in the mountains.

Here's the sad part - they don't have a clue how to drive in the city either. So those who work downhill are screwed this time of year every day of the week.

Between the two decade old cars driven by illegals and the northeasterners and Californians moving here....Denver driving has become very aggressive. I swear half the drivers don't know how to read road signs...probably because they don't.

26 Sep 2011 02:19 #19 by Local_Historian
It's still not as bad as driving in Albuquerque - 8 lane road, and you will get people doing the four lane, no signal drift. And you'd best be watching for them, because they just assume you will get the hell out of their way and they do not slow or stop for you.

But yep - driving in Denver now is like driving in California.

26 Sep 2011 02:52 #20 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Dumb parade today
There is no pleasing everyone. No matter how much you may wish to bitch about a inconvenience, attendees do bring $ to the local economy.

@residenttroll "enjoyed my motorcycle ride today especially knowing I ticked off VL." I imagine you're not the only one.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds