Found/ Thank you

27 Sep 2011 14:16 #71 by mummydog
Replied by mummydog on topic Found/ Thank you
So are we!!!! What a relief!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Sep 2011 19:53 #72 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Our very own Amber Alert - but this one for all ages! HA! I am so pleased about the cooperation and neighbors helping neighbors

27 Sep 2011 20:58 #73 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Found/ Thank you
I'm glad all is well! I just found out about this when I wandered into the Ring and jumped over here to find out what was going on. It might be a good idea to pasted urgent requests like this one at the top of all the forums. I rarely venture into the Campfire. (Or was it there and I missed it?)

27 Sep 2011 21:14 #74 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Found/ Thank you
Which is why I asked about it being stickied.

27 Sep 2011 22:08 #75 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Found/ Thank you
It stayed Active at the top of the Campfire, was Stickied after Wayne's good suggestion to do so, we also posted it on our Facebook page, Twitter page, and blog, and put her picture and a link to the thread on our Home Page. When she was found, we unStickied it and pulled the photo back off of the Home Page.

In the future, a Global Announcement certainly would be appropriate for a missing person situation (it too would've disappeared once she was found and the announcement was switched back to a normal post in the Campfire).

It was wonderful seeing the community coming together, sharing information in a quick and effective manner, and a (relatively) swift, successful resolution!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Sep 2011 22:13 #76 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Found/ Thank you
Thank you SC and 285bound for all your hard work.

27 Sep 2011 22:20 #77 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Found/ Thank you

Becky wrote: Thank you SC and 285bound for all your hard work.

:like:

I appreciate you all too. I try not to post cast what you all do

27 Sep 2011 22:23 #78 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Found/ Thank you
Thanks aren't necessary, we're just glad it was a hoped-for ending. And we're always happy to learn from this experience and change for the better how we handle future events. The Campfire is our most visited forum, but as towermonkey made obvious, there are people who never view it so restricting something that important to one forum may not be the best answer. The methods we use to get information out/visible must always be scrutinized and modified, if warranted.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Sep 2011 07:48 #79 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Found/ Thank you

Science Chic wrote: Thanks aren't necessary, we're just glad it was a hoped-for ending. The methods we use to get information out/visible must always be scrutinized and modified, if warranted.

As SC Tips hat, reins horse and rides into the sunset...

28 Sep 2011 08:03 #80 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Found/ Thank you
Becky, I've just read through this horrific experience and am relieved to hear your daughter is safe. It is heart warming to see a community pull together, if only it did not have to be under such dire circumstances. As you know I'm a little out of touch right now. So all I can offer is a feeling of relief for you. That must have been tortuous for you.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds