Hey Tangelo, are you here?

01 Jul 2010 01:47 #1 by Local_Historian
If so, I want to say I'm really sorry that you're not even allowed to mention your mother's efforts during the Hayman fires somewhere else.

That's just pathetic.

I'd like to hear more about what your mom did - please tell us?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2010 12:07 #2 by Sunshine Girl
She just joined. :woo hoo:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

01 Jul 2010 12:34 #3 by Local_Historian
Yay!!

01 Jul 2010 21:16 #4 by robin
Replied by robin on topic Hey Tangelo, are you here?

Local_Historian wrote: If so, I want to say I'm really sorry that you're not even allowed to mention your mother's efforts during the Hayman fires somewhere else.

That's just pathetic.

I'd like to hear more about what your mom did - please tell us?

Sorry, but this is not true. She did mention her Mother's efforts, and those efforts were appreciated, I am sure. But the above statement is not true.

I feel we need to keep the facts straight and not start rumors.

01 Jul 2010 23:28 #5 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Hey Tangelo, are you here?
Actually Robin, the above statement is true. With all due respect....my daughter was told that she could not mention me, my business and the fact that I was banned period. She does have a pm to prove it.
Personally...we could argue about this for the next 10 years but I just don't really feel it is worth it. This website is about bettering the community and helping local business. It is not about trashing our neighbors and I am not go to engage in that behavior with you or anyone else anymore.
Robin, your time is better invested in making Pinecam a place to be proud of.
Hopefully that is the goal of the current BOD. If not, well....only time will tell.
As for me and my status with Pinecam....that is really not important anymore.
I encourage my daughter as well as my neighbors and customers to do what feels right for them. Utilize the resource that best meets their needs.
You have seen me say very little here in regards to Pinecam. That will continue to be my behavior here. I will defend my family and friends when they are accused of being a liar when in fact they are being very truthful.
I would suggest that you may be unaware of some correspondence that has taken place.
I hope that you will continue as a member here. I hope that you will continue to bring comfort to those who have lost their dear friends, their pets.
I hope that you will continue to help build that rainbow bridge both here and at Pinecam. Please don't call my children a liar though. It does tend to bring out that Momma Bear in me. (Even if they are grown)

02 Jul 2010 22:16 - 02 Jul 2010 22:27 #6 by Local_Historian
That's two against one. And I saw the thread where Tangelo was told by a moderator that she should not be bringing up her mother or anything about her mother - it's right there in black and white. In fact, it's in a thread I myself started. So don't tell me that I'm lying, Robin - I can read clearly and comprehend what I read.

In fact, I'm going to copy and paste what was exactly said and who said it.

watermanofevergreen wrote:
Tangelo1, I am part of the Scanner Team and an Administrator as well. Pinecam's Team will be here during incidents, and we appreciate your mom's participation earlier.
However, to discuss prior incidents related to another member which are unrelated to the spirit of this thread is not only inappropriate, but disrespectful to the topic.

In other words, we're going to be PC and say we appreciate your mom, but you talking about your own mother is inaapropriate and disrespectful to US - the moderators who made the decision to ban. Because you cannot tell me that Waterman thought it was rude of her to talk about her own mom. BTW, the thread IS about the Hayman fires, and Tangelo's mom's efforts during those fires is 100% germaine to the topic at hand.

Now, would you like to tell me again that Tangelo wasn't told not to talk about her mom? If you do, I'm going to point out who the liar really is.

And no respect, because no respect is due when people decide to call me a liar for seeing and telling the truth.

Now, Becky, I didn't know you were Tangelo's mom, and I would really like to hear about your efforts. From you, or Tangelo - or both, because I want to know how kids were dealing with the whole thing as well. I think the history category is the perfect place for it.

02 Jul 2010 22:24 #7 by Sunshine Girl
Ouch PC! Thank you Becky and LH for clarifying what was said. I seems to me like they for sure told Tangelo to pipe down. That is wrong on so many levels, yet not unexpected. Good for all three of you (Becky, LH, and Tangelo) for making sure the air was cleared and the truth was revealed. :thumbsup:

Robin said: "I feel we need to keep the facts straight and not start rumors." I agree Robin. Looks like they did just that.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

02 Jul 2010 22:34 #8 by Local_Historian
Oh and "Sherriff Andy" said:

Your post was removed because posters were asked to stay reasonably on topic and you were insistent on stirring up past unrelated problems and disrupting the discussion.

I so enjoy revisionist history - let's just leave out parts of our history we don't think are pretty, or kind, or show certain folk in a favorable light.

I prefer my revisionist history to have some sort of supernatural event or zombies.

So where are the zombies?

02 Jul 2010 22:37 #9 by Sunshine Girl
Man oh man how I don't miss the "bizarre and selective" censorship there. Take about control issues!

02 Jul 2010 23:33 #10 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Hey Tangelo, are you here?
LH...Give me a call sometime. (303-816-2273) Tangelo and I would love to tell you some stories about the Buffalo Creek Fire( We were building our house at that time) The Big Turkey Fire, the Hi Meadow Fire, the Snaking Fire, The Schoonover Fire, the Black Mtn Fire and the Hayman Fire.
We can go have a nice long lunch or sit out by the pond here.
I would ask 285bound to go ahead and post the entire chat log so that you and others who are interested in all this history can read and write all about it.
LH the past is done. We all have this wonderful future and life is way to short to be unhappy or angry over silly stuff. Let it go and lets get together and chat about all these dang fires.
I know that they had a profound effect on all my kids.
Tangelo was 17 years old when we built our home and encountered our first major fire. Our oldest was away at college in Greeley. Our youngest daughter was 14 and our only son was 11.
They all scan the horizon when they are at home looking for smoke. The sound of a low flying large plane makes them think of slurry bombers or spotter planes. They all watched with great interest as the spotters, slurry bombers and helo's danced their ballet on Crow Hill fighting the Snaking Fire. They were evacuated from their school the day the fire started.
They had water dumped on them from helo's at the Burland ponds during Hi Meadow. They helped with donated items during the Hayman Fire.
Even our brave Tommy had some serious respect for the fires up here. He once told me that the Marines had nothin on trying to live in a fire zone. He survived the Snaking Fire with us. It was the last time we saw him.
I posted excerpts from the chat log, not because I have some post traumatic issues but because I named off 7 major fires that directly impacted this area in 14 years. The mentality that it won't happen again or we just don't want to relive it is , in my opinion, asking for big big trouble.
When I walk out into my yard and look to my neighbors homes on each side of me, they aren't the folks that had lived next door for over 10 years. They are brand new families who have moved here from different states. They have no clue about mitigation or fire danger.
I didn't want to relive the Hayman Fire again either. I have to tell you that as I read through those logs, I was taken right back to that place of fear and anger. I could taste it. I just want my new neighbors and my community to be prepared "when" the next big fire happens.
I said when....not if, and any other mentality is foolish and irresponsible in my opinion. This is an amazing group of folks who live in the 285 corridor. You will get the shirt off our backs if you need it more than we do.
It's fire season. It's a little wet now but in a few days, that sign on 285 will read high and extreme. I care about all of you and want to see you safe.
Take some time to read the logs. Ask your neighbors who have lived through it. It is never to late to be ready.
and LH.....there are way more important battles that need to be fought. Let this one go.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds