A real American Hero

05 Jul 2010 20:39 #1 by CC
A real American Hero was created by CC

The body of Cpl. Larry Harris Jr., 24, a Camp Pendleton Marine killed in Afghanistan, has been returned to the U.S. and to his family in Colorado.

And the details of Harris' heroism are beginning to emerge.

Harris, a mortar man, was killed July 1 while on combat patrol in Helmand province, a Taliban stronghold. His patrol was ambushed and Lance Cpl. Jake Henry was wounded.

Harris was carrying Henry to safety outside the "kill zone." Brian Henry, the lance corporal's father, wrote on a Facebook page for family members of the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... istan.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jul 2010 20:58 - 05 Jul 2010 21:03 #2 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic A real American Hero
Rest in peace Cpl. Larry Harris Jr. and thank you for giving the ultimate sacrafice to keep us safe. : ( You gave your life to save another. Prayers to you, your family, and your friends. :heart:

A Boulder HS grad:

It's easy to see this fine young man receiving the following:

"Among his service awards were the Purple Heart, the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, the Combat Action Ribbon, the National Defense Service Medal, the Afghanistan Campaign Medal, the Iraq Campaign Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Medal and the sea Service Deployment Ribbon."

Read more: http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_1543540 ... z0srqpDsek
Coloradodaily.com

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

05 Jul 2010 21:02 #3 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic A real American Hero
A true hero. RIP

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds