What your hair color says about you

06 Jul 2010 09:12 #1 by CinnamonGirl
What your hair color says about you was created by CinnamonGirl
Blondes have higher risk of melanoma; brunettes have more hair loss; redheads get more action

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37341535/ns ... nd_beauty/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jul 2010 09:21 #2 by CC
So your saying that I should pick a different color?
LOL

06 Jul 2010 15:27 #3 by pacamom
Unless you are a redhead.

06 Jul 2010 17:22 #4 by BuyersAgent1
True story: I used Nice n Easy 114 so long that the daughters "inherited" it; it's exactly the color of their hair. My real hair is very dark and tends to overwhelm me; once I returned it to "my natural color" and immediately remembered why I'd always hated it. :biggrin:
I foolishly used a OTC "stripper" to remove the dark color, the whole thing turned carrot orange, and I ended up at the KMart near midnite searching for a bottle of Clairol to restore it. :scared:
Figuring it was about to break right off, I sought counsel from a GF expert and she told me to pour a 12 oz bottle of Pompeii Olive Oil on it, wrap it in Saran, and go to sleep. :VeryScared: I did, and when I woke in the morning had dreamed of cucumber salad all night long, but meanwhile my hair drank all 12 OZ of Pompeii and was soft and totally dry (I am not just making this up). rofllol
So if you blow it while experimenting....do the Pompeii Thing and go to bed, it will be OK in the morning. :wink:

06 Jul 2010 17:38 #5 by CC
My hairdresser told me that I should use olive oil on my hair and nails
Thx for the advice. Just may do that tonight.

06 Jul 2010 17:41 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic What your hair color says about you
I could have used that advice back in the 80's and 90's when I used to get a perm.

06 Jul 2010 17:45 #7 by pinedust
BuyersAgent, that is nice to know!

A few years ago our kid wanted "Platte Canyon" blue hair, but his is brown, and not even that light. Well, at the hair dresser they bleached his hair, or at least started so the blue would take. He said it hurt, burned or something, so they quit a little early. Anyway, by the time everything was said and done, his "Platte Canyon" blue was more like a yellowish, greenish, weird color, not exactly what he had in mind. So, he washed it a bunch, and applied lots of peroxide. It did fade quite a bit, but his hair ended up like straw!

Maybe the Pompeii thing would have worked?

He has never asked for colored hair again. rofllol

06 Jul 2010 17:47 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic What your hair color says about you
My daughter stripped color out of her hair my hair guy used something and it worked. She is blonde and it took her red out. I don't remember the name of it though.

06 Jul 2010 17:51 #9 by Sunshine Girl
I'm afraid to think about it. :rofl

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

06 Jul 2010 18:22 #10 by jf1acai
They didn't say what black and white means.......

Old curmudgeon maybe?

:lol:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds