Sad News

05 Jan 2012 22:13 #1 by CC
Sad News was created by CC
http://www.theflume.com/news/local/arti ... 0f31a.html

Very tragic.
Prayers for his family

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2012 15:50 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Sad News
My deepest condolences to the family as well. This young man will live on in the hearts and minds of those who love him. Peace be with you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Jan 2012 18:27 #3 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Sad News
From a 285bound family member.....

Scott Kruithoff's Memorial Service will be Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at the Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church at 10:00 am, 10150 East Belleview Ave. Englewood, CO 80111. A full military honors burial will follow at Ft. Logan National Cemetary at 1:00, 4400 W. Kenyon Ave. Denver, CO 80236. Everyone is welcome to attend. In lieu of flowers we would like to ask that donations be made to The Kruithoff Memorial Fund at any First Bank in Colorado or to the childrens college funds through USAA Bank.

07 Jan 2012 18:55 - 08 Jan 2012 16:35 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Sad News
Pacamom...Thx for the info.

I pray that his family finds some peace.

There are children, parents, brothers, sisters extended family and friends who are deeply hurt right now.
My thoughts and prayers for all who loved and cared for Mr. Kruithoff.
May he rest in peace.

07 Jan 2012 18:58 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Sad News
:yeahthat:

07 Jan 2012 19:01 #6 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Sad News
I will be going to both services. If anyone would like to go or carpool, please let me know. I can meet you in Pine Junction or anywhere along 285.

07 Jan 2012 19:10 #7 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Sad News

pacamom wrote: I will be going to both services. If anyone would like to go or carpool, please let me know. I can meet you in Pine Junction or anywhere along 285.

I can drive. We can all pile in the Buick.

08 Jan 2012 06:32 #8 by rlcarolyn
Replied by rlcarolyn on topic Sad News
Wow! My husband I and saw the emergency lights out our kitchen window about 9pm. Then when I got up at 1am they were still there. We wondered what happened. There always seems to be an accident there at least once a year. I will pray for the family.

08 Jan 2012 14:28 #9 by CapKazoo
Replied by CapKazoo on topic Sad News
OK so none of you knew that this was my son.
In the past if I have ever been insensitive due to statements published in a newspaper,
I ask for forgivness and know that I will never say anything other than comforting words in the future.

Last night I went and layed in the snow next to where he was found. It's the only place that I feel his presence right now.
I read a couple of comments at the beginning of this thread but stopped because I want that spot to continue to be a comfort me.

There are no hard feelings, my heart is too shattered to hold any.
Bless the rescue squad who, I heard, made attempts at revival. We're so, so grateful for that.
Bless the mountain community that I have come to love so much and my mountain friends who have been a great comfort to me.

Cheryl Case

Never underestimate the power of a hissy fit.

08 Jan 2012 15:08 #10 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Sad News
Dearest Cheryl
I had no idea when I posted this that it was your loved one. All I knew was a deep sadness for the loss of someones loved one.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as well as your entire family.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
I know that there is nothing that can be said right now to ease your pain but please know that my prayers and thoughts are non stop for you.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do as a community to help your son's family. I am quite sure that I speak for many many here that we stand ready to help in any way.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds