Did you see the IMHS saga going on....

09 Feb 2012 11:43 #31 by ScienceChic

MsMAM wrote: That is what I wondered as well? HA - above said something too? Is it pertinent that they post here that animals come in with ring worm? I would have been torked if they had also put the animals down like the old regime, but they didn't. They just handled it. Do I need to know every time they make a run to spay and neuter? I know that ring worm is a sensitive issue, but I happen to know there are all kinds of things they do to the animals to assist them with special medical needs. Frankly - *I* was amazed the old board member brought that up. IMHO - it was just a reminder that *they* euthanized those animals. This board did nothing of the kind. They handled it.

Also, it may be that the community tried to rely on these sites as all of those means of communication etc., but that does mean that it is the responsibility of IMHS to use those as a means of communication? IMHO - Frankly - no. I only read the thread on PC since it does involve IMHS - as you all know my feelings pretty well about PC. My point is those folks spend TONS of hours per day helping those babies find homes and caring for them. I can't see them having the time to also make sure they spend tons of time posting on these forums. As I stated - go talk to them (the royal you). Go to the shelter. Help them. You will get all of the information you need. Steve said on TV, anyone is welcome to go look at what they found. If you do, I think a good bunch of you will feel as I do - the DA *should* have pursued this issue.

I agree. Yes, they should've made a public announcement that they had a ringworm outbreak, but I do not think that just because they didn't that it means anything sinister, that they are "circling the wagons" and not being transparent. The outbreak was recognized, and they immediately started dealing with it the way that they said they would - by isolating and treating the animals, not euthanizing them. The lack of communication was an unfortunate series of events in that their shelter director has just started and didn't know anything about the history of what had occurred and why it was so critical that this sensitive issue be made public sooner than it was, and no one else picked up the slack when they should have. They made a mistake, not a deliberate attempt to hide anything, but a mistake.

To me, what is important is that they did what they said they would - they treated the cats. If you attend the board meetings, you get updates on everything going on, and can ask questions directly about anything, including the surgical suite (and you can see the video that I uploaded from the December meeting about that subject). And they've since uploaded more pictures and updates, and meeting minutes are posted on their site, so I don't see where they aren't making the information available to the public? It's easy to get bogged down in minutiae of the latest update, but the big picture is that they are doing what they said they would, and they are letting the public know. Just my opinion though.

I agree that Marta and Karen are doing fabulous jobs, and so is this board of directors. I will be taking Steve up on his offer to come in and review their records for myself, as I'd like to know why the DA didn't think it was a case worth prosecuting, and the investigating officer is disappointed in that decision?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Feb 2012 11:58 - 09 Feb 2012 12:32 #32 by MsMAM
Good for you, SC. Nice post.

I too think Karen and Marta are fabulous. As a friend of Karen's, I know the amount of time she spends making sure all of the animals are cared for. I don't know Marta as well, obviously, but I have been in there, and she is def going to be an asset as well. Steve Kelsey is a man I hold in as high of esteem as I did my own dad. For those of you that know me --> you would know what that means to me. (I usually only say things like this behind his back, so rats)

Now - I know MHO isn't worth a diddly squat, but until you actually go in there and see - you can type here all day. And that is not worth a diddly squat. I know they will tell you anything. They mean to be open. And they def do care for the animals.

BTW - from the first of this thread, I saw, OF COURSE, they deleted some of the posts. Were any of them of value?

09 Feb 2012 12:31 #33 by homeagain
As a closing thought about this subject and the reason for my adamant post.......once again on PC Thread dated 10/05/11 News
from the Board.......(I tried copying cut and paste,couldn't get it over here)...Steve Kelsey,Pres. of Board posts" " I COMMIT to you
that I will keep you up to date on these (initiatives) via our website,newsletters and here on the LOCAL WEBSITES." When someone,
in a position of authority for an organization.makes a declaration such as that.....I expect their word to be SOLID. And with that
sentiment, I will leave this topic/thread/issue. JMO

09 Feb 2012 12:33 #34 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Did you see the IMHS saga going on....
I thought it was posted on the sites.

09 Feb 2012 12:40 #35 by MsMAM

CinnamonGirl wrote: I thought it was posted on the sites.

I think what they are complaining about is the sensitive issue of their first ringworm outbreak. Some feel that they should have announced it and reassured folks they would not behave like the previous BoD. I think it is true - they had a new director who had just come in, and was not aware of what had happened. That is all. I knew about the ringworm outbreak because I was over there, and they *told* me about it, and what their plan was. I don't see it as a problem - and I am not even sure I cared (personally that it was posted). I am just glad they didn't put the animals down.

I think they do post pertinent info everywhere. They especially post the things they need and animals needing a home or ones found, meeting minutes. And you *can* go to the board meeting and listen on your own, you know.

09 Feb 2012 12:43 #36 by CinnamonGirl
But I thought I saw it posted here

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=16126 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=145&t=16126<!-- l -->

09 Feb 2012 12:52 #37 by MsMAM

CinnamonGirl wrote: But I thought I saw it posted here

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=16126 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=145&t=16126<!-- l -->

I don't know when that was posted in relation to when the cats arrived at the shelter.

09 Feb 2012 13:02 #38 by CinnamonGirl
Okay so it is not if but when it was posted? The difference in my view is that if the board posts after the fact they euthanized animals without asking for help is a big difference from this ringworm issue. It most likely was an oversight. It sounds like the new manager was just adjusting to all her duties and it did not get posted as fast as it might have normally. Big difference in my eyes. Unless I am missing something. For me, they handled the ringworm issue the way the first one should have been handled and remember IMHS is in rebuilding mode. It is not easy. Why would we not give them the benefit of doubt. I have not seen anything to think otherwise.

09 Feb 2012 13:19 #39 by MsMAM

CinnamonGirl wrote: <snip>The difference in my view is that if the board posts after the fact they euthanized animals without asking for help is a big difference from this ringworm issue. <snip> It is not easy. Why would we not give them the benefit of doubt. I have not seen anything to think otherwise.

*Exactly*

09 Feb 2012 14:25 #40 by Mtn Gramma

MsMAM wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

TPP wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: TPP, I disagree.

That's Cool, (still like ya), that's what this is all about correct?

I just don't know what you are saying the new board did.

That is what I wondered as well? HA - above said something too? Is it pertinent that they post here that animals come in with ring worm? I would have been torked if they had also put the animals down like the old regime, but they didn't. They just handled it. Do I need to know every time they make a run to spay and neuter? I know that ring worm is a sensitive issue, but I happen to know there are all kinds of things they do to the animals to assist them with special medical needs. Frankly - *I* was amazed the old board member brought that up. IMHO - it was just a reminder that *they* euthanized those animals. This board did nothing of the kind. They handled it.

Also, it may be that the community tried to rely on these sites as all of those means of communication etc., but that does mean that it is the responsibility of IMHS to use those as a means of communication? IMHO - Frankly - no. I only read the thread on PC since it does involve IMHS - as you all know my feelings pretty well about PC. My point is those folks spend TONS of hours per day helping those babies find homes and caring for them. I can't see them having the time to also make sure they spend tons of time posting on these forums. As I stated - go talk to them (the royal you). Go to the shelter. Help them. You will get all of the information you need. Steve said on TV, anyone is welcome to go look at what they found. If you do, I think a good bunch of you will feel as I do - the DA *should* have pursued this issue.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds