palomino horses in Green Valley

20 Feb 2012 09:13 #1 by Gracie
I saw this topic on pc but since they won't let me register there I thought I would bring it here. My first experience with this man was at the grocery store. I was putting my groceries in the car when I saw on of his dogs running around the parking lot. It had obviously jumped our of the red convertible where all the other dogs were. Not wanting to see the dog hit by a car or wander off, I put a leash on him and asked an employee to make an announcement to shoppers. The man came outside, yelled at the dog, took off the leash and never even acknowledged me. A simple 'thank you for your trouble' would have been sufficient. I also drive by the home where the 2 horses and all the big dogs live. I often saw the dogs out loose but didn't have a problem with that until I was out walking my dog-on a leash. I was closer to my house than his when I saw 7 LARGE dogs approaching us. My pup was nervous and the owner was not in sight. I stood still and let them sniff butts. Suddenly one of the 120lb Bermese jumped my 30lb mutt and began to viciously scrap with her. I began yelling and kicking at the big dog while trying to pick up my terrified little one. He came around the corner at that time and called to his dog. It did not respond and now the 2 of the others were within 15 feet of me. He turned around and walked away!! By this time my adrenaline was way up. I continued to kick and scream at the big dog and it finally left. I talked to another neighbor and she said her friends dog had also been attacked by one of the Burmese but she did not call Jeffco. I thought about it awhile and decided to call Jeffco animal control. When they came out to take a statement, they told me there had been several citations issued and would I have to be willing to go to court if I filed a formal complaint. I agreed since now I know there had been at least 2 others. How many other people have had problems and not reported it? This guy seems to think it is ok to allow a dog that has been aggresive to other dogs wander around unattended. Those who say just go talk to him obviously don't know the problems some have had. It is NOT OK to put others at risk. Just sayin'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2012 10:29 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
let's bash people behind their back. That takes real courage. not
As I said over at PC, if you have an issue with someone, go talk to them. You want to get my ire up, go ahead and talk about someone behind their back and in a public forum, no less. They are nice folks - so get off your high horse and go talk with them.

20 Feb 2012 11:35 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic palomino horses in Green Valley
She said she can't sign in over there and that means PMing too I would assume.

20 Feb 2012 11:39 #4 by Wily Fox aka Angela
and why would you entitle this thread about horses when you are trashing them in public about their dogs? trolling for full pile on?

CG, she knows where they live, so I have no idea what are you talking about - what has that got to do with Pinecam logging in?

20 Feb 2012 11:39 #5 by CinnamonGirl
I was responding to your comment that she contact them directly.

20 Feb 2012 11:44 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela
and your point? let me be clear then: THERE IS NO OPTION TO CONTACT THEM VIA THE PUBLIC FORUMS.
Like any GOOD neighbor, you go and talk with people if you have a problem. They are nice folks, so there is no excuse to post this crap here. and btw, I would be just as pissed about anyone posting crap in public to trash someone instead of handling it like a full fledged adult and talking directly to the person.

20 Feb 2012 11:47 #7 by CinnamonGirl
My point is that if this was on PC she could not do that. I am out, otherwise. IF I am wrong then I guess I am.

20 Feb 2012 14:34 #8 by 2wlady
Well, Gracie can say what she wants here and if she has filed a complaint, it will play out through the judicial system, won't it.

BTW, I have no idea who any of the people are, so whatever is said here doesn't affect my opinion of any of them.

21 Feb 2012 06:56 #9 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic palomino horses in Green Valley
I have talked to him long ago, before he put up his fence Fox, and his reply. "Whatever" as he walked away from my car. So, He didn't want to talk about it. So, fine, he's not social and wants to be left alone, fine with me.

Then the fence went up, and I thought cool, he'll take care of his animals, (Dogs & Horses). NO WAY, no blankets on the horses, no shelter whatsoever, in negative teens & windy. (Sounds silly but I address the horses, went I pass) and finally will get a wave from him, when I've been waving since he moved there. when he added on to his garage I thought it would be a barn, to no avail.
The urine & horse crap, flow into the pond/lake, called nothing we can do about that, per the water district, & animal control. (which hasn't had the life it used too, may have nothing to do with it, but I would eat any fish out of there, if they're are any left, know the beavers have left)

He's your friend You talk to him.

Last Friday, I came around the turn from Wagon/Fawn, and had to slam on my brakes, NO NOT speeding as you know, turning right, that corner is to tight to speed.), so as not to hit 2 of the older dogs, & he's walking down the middle of Stagecoach, I just shook my head, as I waved and passed. He waved back, was it a "Hello" or a "Thanks for not running over my dogs" I don't know.
It may be that you FEEL sorry for them, we don't need to go into that here. Fine, that's you, and it's OK really, couldn't care, but I don't understand you're hostilty towards Gracie.
It may be that he has a sense of entitlement, because he is a lefty. (Yes, he is just stating a fact! You ask what does that have to do with it, it's the SENSE of entitlement, that lefies feel, how do I know, Remember all the kerry for Prez. signs he had up on his land, and the other issues he's support with yard signs. "Thought it was funny that all those signs got accidently plowed under that year.")
It may be that he doesn't give a sh*t about his animals.
I don't understand, the abuse of the horses, that's not my place, Have NEVER SEEN the horses ridden, why have them? Status?.

As far as Gracie's dog being attacked, I hope she/he reported him.
IMO, she/he should carry when walking (I do), 1st round will go into the dirt, second round will go into the attacking dogs head! And the dogs death will be on his head NOT MINE.
Let's pray that doesn't happen, it would sadden me, BEACUSE it will not be the DOGs' fault it would be the unreponsible dog owners fault. I will NOT CALL Animal control, (because after all the citations and warnings he still just goes back to his BAD behavior).
I'll just deal with it, and pay the fine if found I was a fault.

24 Feb 2012 16:57 #10 by Gracie
I have talked to this 'nice' man on several occasions the first being the time I leashed his loose dog who had jumped out of the convertible. Another time, one of his older Goldens was laying in the middle of the road very late at night. I stopped, thinking the dog was hurt or dead. He responded right away and I coaxed him off the road. I stopped at the mans house the next day and told him about the previous night. He was NOT receptive to my concern. My third encounter was a summer day when I was walking a neighbors dog-on a leash-when all his came rushing at me. I asked him to please call them off as I did not know the dog I was walking that well and was a little nervous. He called them once. When they didn't respond, he turned back to his yard work. In my mind, trying to talk to this man was a waste of time. Even though he has been cited several times, he continues to let all the dogs run off leash and with no supervision. Thread should have been titled 'DANGER!! menacing dog!!! I had no problem with him or his dogs until I knew at least one of them is dangerous. 'Nice' man does not equate to responsible dog owner. People walking in the neighborhood should be aware that they could also be attacked. I know I would have appreciated knowing.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds