High Timber Times Update: Closed IMHS Criminal Investigation

28 Feb 2012 15:02 #11 by CinnamonGirl
I am trying to figure out where they got this story from.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2012 15:12 #12 by Wily Fox aka Angela
why would you have to sign a confidentiality agreement when it is a non-profit that has promised transparency? If the records are available for public review, why would they have you sign a non disclosure? That does not make sense to me

28 Feb 2012 15:21 #13 by homeagain
Wiley......ASK the president of the IMHS, Steve Kelsey, I was requested to book an appt( unclear if Steve is the only individual
that could book appts) and he handed me disclosure form to fill out and sign.......did NOT bother me to do so....because I WANTED accurate,legal information regarding this complete and utterly incomprehensible event and because I took the TIME
and effort to do so.....I have a CLEAR AND CONCISE understanding of the individuals involved in this unresolved travesty.

28 Feb 2012 15:28 #14 by CinnamonGirl
So Homeagain does that mean you cannot give us your take on this after reading everything?

28 Feb 2012 15:36 #15 by homeagain
That's how I interpret the meaning.......so I am erring on the side of caution. Take the time to read the report,it is the ONLY
way you (collectively) will be truly informed about this travesty.JMO

28 Feb 2012 15:57 #16 by Steve-o

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: why would you have to sign a confidentiality agreement when it is a non-profit that has promised transparency? If the records are available for public review, why would they have you sign a non disclosure? That does not make sense to me

I am not going to post much regarding this topic on the local forums but I do want to answer this: Anyone who is a member of IMHS is free to view our copy of the investigative report. You need to make an appointment with me, Steve Kelsey, to do so. My number is 303.960.0288. You are not allowed to make copies of anything. The confidentiality agreement is because there are adopter names, addresses and telephone numbers in the report. We do not want that information re-published. If you do not want to sign the agreement then you are free to contact PCSO and get your own copy.

28 Feb 2012 16:00 #17 by CC
I was able to read it just fine.

28 Feb 2012 16:03 #18 by Steve-o

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: Most likely the "missing" money is just posted in the wrong accounts or receipts were never entered, etc.
It was a shame that the BOD chose to take this to the media before they really knew the story and putting blame on the prior folks - that is just too convenient to wipe away the audit results.

The books have been reconciled to the bank statements for the entire time in question. This is not a matter of posting to the wrong accounts or receipts missing. That is the major reason it took a while for us to report this. We wanted to be 100% sure that this was not an error. We are sure and it is not an error.

28 Feb 2012 16:11 #19 by Mtn Gramma
I was not able to access the article using Firefox but was able to get it using Explorer.

28 Feb 2012 16:19 #20 by Wily Fox aka Angela
whatever happened, I am sorry that it did. The animals are the true victims and we all want what is best for them.

I hope that you can get this cleaned up and on the right track moving forward. It must be hard to manage all this when there are a lot of well meaning volunteers and others that want to do the right things, but unfortunately don't understand the importance of paperwork (we all hate paperwork!). I am sure that with the right folks; you can put appropriate processes with checks and balances to catch a mistake before it gets away from now on.

Processes are key to fixing and keeping it fixed. I hope that you are successful in implementing them.

I wish the shelter all the best.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds