High Timber Times Update: Closed IMHS Criminal Investigation

28 Feb 2012 13:03 #1 by ScienceChic
The High Timber Times just published a story about their own investigation into the now-closed IMHS criminal investigation and all I can say is wow. I've been going through these records myself, and they totally slanted this story. It'll take me a bit to type up my notes, but I will post what I've found myself later.

Has shelter put its woes behind it?
New board member was active at IMHS when credit card was used for personal buys
By Gabrielle Porter
Tuesday, February 28, 2012

http://www.hightimbertimes.com/content/ ... -behind-it

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2012 13:27 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Just a note to High Timber times if you are listening, and I hear alot of local publications are, I can't read this or any other story on your site. It takes me to a subscription page on each and every story they have. SC and others can read them so your site is pretty much worthless to me.

28 Feb 2012 13:46 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela
that is because they don't give it away for free. They post links to their stories, but you need to subscribe to read them. They gotta make money somehow.

28 Feb 2012 13:48 #4 by ScienceChic
I just learned that the problem is what browser you are using. Chrome will not let you open up the whole article; Firefox will.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Feb 2012 13:49 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Thanks SC, that was it. Must be a cookie problem.

28 Feb 2012 13:51 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I'm using Firefox and it does not. It shows this much
Has shelter put its woes behind it?
-A A +A
Bookmark and Share
New board member was active at IMHS when credit card was used for personal buys
By Gabrielle Porter
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 8:46 am

A current Intermountain Humane Society board member was one of five people who used the organization’s credit card to make personal purchases, according to a sheriff’s investigation of the theft of more than $21,000 from the organization.
In an investigation spurred by the animal shelter’s disclosure in December that a tenth of the organization’s annual budget had gone missing — including adoption fees and cash from the shelter’s thrift store — the High Timber Times has also learned:

and then the sign up window is displayed

28 Feb 2012 13:52 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Maybe try clearing your cache including cookies?

28 Feb 2012 14:00 - 28 Feb 2012 14:04 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
As I have said from the beginning of this story, it was a known issue at the shelter that they were bringing in "book keeping help" that had no experience; instead of a CPA that would post things correctly according to accounting rules. Most likely the "missing" money is just posted in the wrong accounts or receipts were never entered, etc.
It was a shame that the BOD chose to take this to the media before they really knew the story and putting blame on the prior folks - that is just too convenient to wipe away the audit results. Hopefully, they have now put proper accounting processes in place to avoid this in future.

edited to add:
I am not referring to Deb Hayes (mentioned in article) as the "book keeping help" - she is a CPA and knows how to keep books. From what I understand, there were others that were brought in from time to time and I bet dollars to donuts, the errors occurred then.

28 Feb 2012 14:02 #9 by mountaindollar
I am using Internet Explorer and it works fine.

28 Feb 2012 14:45 #10 by homeagain

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: As I have said from the beginning of this story, it was a known issue at the shelter that they were bringing in "book keeping help" that had no experience; instead of a CPA that would post things correctly according to accounting rules. Most likely the "missing" money is just posted in the wrong accounts or receipts were never entered, etc.
It was a shame that the BOD chose to take this to the media before they really knew the story and putting blame on the prior folks - that is just too convenient to wipe away the audit results. Hopefully, they have now put proper accounting processes in place to avoid this in future.

edited to add:
I am not referring to Deb Hayes (mentioned in article) as the "book keeping help" - she is a CPA and knows how to keep books. From what I understand, there were others that were brought in from time to time and I bet dollars to donuts, the errors occurred then.

It would be beneficial for EVERYONE to read the OFFICIAL PARKCO INVESTIGATIVE REPORT......you must set up an appt. at the
shelter to review the ENTIRE investigative report. It is EXTREMELY informative and quite concise on what did/did not transpire
thru this entire sad saga......I can NOT relate information from the report here or on PC because of a confidentiality agreement
that must be signed when you review the report.......the report is at IMHS for ALL to view. I would highly recommend taking the time to do so.......IF you are concerned about the missing money/individuals actions or INACTIONS.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds