Bailey Brat is a Sailor......

11 Sep 2013 09:40 #51 by bailey bud
Well, the "kid" is about half way done up in scenic Balston Spa, NY, where he's busy running a reactor.
(that's about all he can say). He's been told by a few corporate recruiters that he can have a great career thanks to his training. (nickname is $100,000 a year thermostat monitor).

He liked the south a lot more (Goose Creek, SC) --- says he misses fried chicken, sweet tea, and pecan pie (sounds like a formula for diabetes to me). He also misses a certain southern belle that he met
while scoping for gals at a nearby university.

Apparently, next duty station is King's Bay, Georgia, where he will qualify for SSBN duty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Sep 2013 09:59 #52 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Bailey Brat is a Sailor......
Oh how exciting for you and your family!...Maybe he can get in on the Syria attacks? I heard we are about to shoot off 200 missles (at a million a copy) from a boat thats saftley offshore there...

Pretty exciting!

#hesagreatsuccess!

11 Sep 2013 10:30 #53 by bailey bud
I'd be a little surprised to see any SSBNs ivolved with Syria.

He might end up on an SSGN - in which case, maybe there is some potential.

I've long since made it clear to my son that I'm not a fan of war.
I understand the theory of strategic deterrence, but damn - isn't there a better way?
(so far, nobody's found it).

Nonetheless, I'm proud of his pursuit and attainment of one of the Navy's most challenging jobs --- and yes, you need to respect a young man's willingness to place himself in harm's way for the sake of the rest of us --- even if the politicos in DC are doofy and moronic.

11 Sep 2013 10:34 #54 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Bailey Brat is a Sailor......
You make me sick...Beaming with pride about your offspring being a tiny cog in a giant killing machine

#i'mnottrolling

11 Sep 2013 12:19 #55 by mountaindollar

bailey bud wrote: Well, the "kid" is about half way done up in scenic Balston Spa, NY, where he's busy running a reactor.
(that's about all he can say). He's been told by a few corporate recruiters that he can have a great career thanks to his training. (nickname is $100,000 a year thermostat monitor).

He liked the south a lot more (Goose Creek, SC) --- says he misses fried chicken, sweet tea, and pecan pie (sounds like a formula for diabetes to me). He also misses a certain southern belle that he met

Apparently, next duty station is King's Bay, Georgia, where he will qualify for SSBN duty.

My sister lives in Balston Spa it is a nice little town I think they moved there from Brooklyn about 30 years ago.

11 Sep 2013 17:38 #56 by Mtn Gramma
Congrats to your son, BB. Sounds like his present and his future are in good shape.

11 Sep 2013 17:52 #57 by Blazer Bob

bailey bud wrote: Well, the "kid" is about half way done up in scenic Balston Spa, NY, where he's busy running a reactor.

By the time he finishes his sea rotation and initial obligation the Navy might offer him a $100,000 to reup for a cushy shore tour.

11 Sep 2013 17:53 #58 by Blazer Bob
Do you know what the current sea/shore is?

11 Sep 2013 22:37 #59 by deltamrey
Thank your son...he is no sunshine patriot and gives VL free air to breath.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds