We can help

27 Mar 2012 19:21 #21 by anytime
Replied by anytime on topic We can help
For people affected by the fires, Anytime Fitness in Conifer has shower facilities for volunteers and evacuated people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2012 20:17 #22 by coniferchambercommerce
Replied by coniferchambercommerce on topic We can help
Thank you to all who have volunteered to help the people in our area affected by the wildfire.
I know of one way we can help tomorrow. Cabin Creek Smokehouse BBQ, JJ Madwells, Wing Wagon and Brooks Place are putting together a meal for the 500 firefighters, and I could use your help serving food and cleaning up. I don't have every detail worked out at this time, but the dinner will be served at 6p Wednesday the 28th at Conifer High School. If you are able to donate time tomorrow, and perhaps make a dessert, please respond to this email. I will send you more details tomorrow, but let's plan on working just before 6p.

Also, Aaron and I have a place to stay during this time of evacuation. If you are in need of a place to stay, please let me know. Many Chamber members have volunteered their homes.

Finally, The Early Group has started a clothing, shoes, and personal hygiene products collection for the people who have lost their homes. You can bring items to The Early Group (same building as Chamber Office at 25997 Conifer Road above Cabin Creek Smokehouse by Loaf & Jug in Aspen Park).

Thank you!

We live in a wonderful community!
Please, take care!
All My Best,
Dawn Smith
303.968.7049 Cell

25997 Conifer Road, Unit D4, Conifer - 2nd floor, east side.
(Mailing address: PO Box 127, Conifer, CO 80433)
303-838-5711

www.goconifer.com
www.facebook.com/ConiferAreaChamberofCommerce
twitter.com/ConiferChamber
Monthly Breakfast Meeting every 2nd Friday of the month. Doors open at 7:15am. Please join us! Register in advance at GoConifer.Com

28 Mar 2012 07:41 #23 by CC
Replied by CC on topic We can help
I am available today to run errands or deliver supplies where needed. Have to work tonight but have most of the day to help.

28 Mar 2012 23:02 #24 by CC
Replied by CC on topic We can help
Just moving this up so people with needs might see it.

29 Mar 2012 11:28 #25 by MountainTownAlerts
Replied by MountainTownAlerts on topic We can help
We heard a report that The Courtyard/Residence Inn Golden, CO may be offering emergency rates for displaced families Here is the link and numbers to call.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=...987&p=205863#p205863 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18987&p=205863#p205863<!-- l -->

29 Mar 2012 14:23 #26 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic We can help
From Marcel & Julie @ Aspen Peak Cellars via their Twitter account:
We have some B&B rooms available this week for those in an emergency situation.
We would be happy to help.
Thanks guys! This community is so awesome!

Aspen Peak Cellars info can be found here

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Apr 2012 12:39 #27 by coniferchambercommerce
Replied by coniferchambercommerce on topic We can help
Hello! Thank you to everyone who volunteered to assist the firefighters last week. We have one more opportunity to help this week – by baking cookies and snacks for the remaining 200 firefighters! This opportunity is only available today through Thursday.

If you are able to help, please do the following:
1. Please let me know if you plan to prepare desserts or snacks by emailing me at . .
2. Please prepare a dessert/snack that can be eaten without a fork.
3. Please individually wrap the dessert/snacks so that the firefighters can take the treats with them. You can put 2 – 3 cookies in one bag, etc.
4. Please do not bring something that needs to be refrigerated.
5. Please bring the items to the Chamber Office at 25997 Conifer Road, Second Floor between 9a – 5p today through Wednesday, and by 2p at the latest on Thursday.

Thank you!
Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the people affected by this wildfire.

Dawn Smith

25997 Conifer Road, Unit D4, Conifer - 2nd floor, east side.
(Mailing address: PO Box 127, Conifer, CO 80433)
303-838-5711

www.goconifer.com
www.facebook.com/ConiferAreaChamberofCommerce
twitter.com/ConiferChamber
Monthly Breakfast Meeting every 2nd Friday of the month. Doors open at 7:15am. Please join us! Register in advance at GoConifer.Com

16 Apr 2012 16:51 #28 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 May 2012 10:20 #29 by ScienceChic

15 May 2012 11:03 #30 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic We can help

Science Chic wrote:

We'll be there!

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds