We can help

27 Mar 2012 07:46 #1 by CC
We can help was created by CC
Thought i would start a thread dedicated to offering a helping hand to our neighbors.

I have a large 5th wheel that someone can stay in. Also have a spare bedroom if needed.

My husband has a truck that can be used for towing livestock.

If you have something you can offer whether it is your time or whatever, please post here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2012 08:07 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic We can help
You should go to the high school. They usually have two boards. One with offerings, and one with needs. At this point in time, those who need aren't likely to be on a computer. As of last night, I don't think anyone needed a place for dogs (or alpacas, small livestock) because I had friends go to the school to get a couple of dogs from someone, and they were supposed to call if anyone needed boarding for animals.

With that in mind, I have room for dogs, horses, alpacas, whatever.

27 Mar 2012 08:08 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic We can help
I live very far away from the fire in Centennial. I have two beds.

27 Mar 2012 09:57 #4 by Scooby72
Replied by Scooby72 on topic We can help
I'm in Wow.

I have two spare rooms right now; one with two twin beds and one with a double bed. I can take social dogs - big ones are fine. We are just off 285, good cell coverage, WiFi, two bathrooms, washer/dryer. I also have two long couches, hot water, comfort food, and lots of hugs.

We also have room to store items as well.

Please call if you need help - we can come get you. (303) 816-0695.

Even if you just need a break, meal, shower - you are welcome!

27 Mar 2012 10:03 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic We can help
Gosh, you make me want to come stay with you! Thanks Scooby.

27 Mar 2012 11:05 #6 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic We can help
Posted on the Conifer Community Park Facebook Page - thank you Janet Shown! I'm going to try to get some pizzas sent to them for lunch.

Conifer Community Park at Beaver Ranch is happy to be able to house many of the firefighters on the Lower North Fork Fire. We are so grateful to these men and women who are helping to save our homes and forests. Thank you, wildland teams and all the fire departments, firefighters, and auxiliary members.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Mar 2012 12:25 #7 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic We can help
When this thing starts to wind down, I have my pick up and a generator available if anyone needs to borrow either one.

27 Mar 2012 12:37 #8 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic We can help
I have a friend inside the evacuation zone on Pleasant Park. He is home and able to drive around anywhere east of Oehlmann Park Rd and west of High Grade. If you need animals checked on or whatever.

If you need anything, please call Geoff at 303-697-8360.

(He asked me to post this for him.)

27 Mar 2012 13:32 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic We can help
Posts from our Facebook page:

Golden Evergreen Hotel
Out thoughts and prayers are with the firefighters and the families of the Lower North Fork Fire. We are offering a bottom dollar rate to any evacuees and firemen, Please call the hotel if you need a place to stay. We ARE PET friendly!! 303-526-2000

Lance Swearengin
Conifer Community Church and many of the 285 churches have people available to help. Call us at 303-838-4161.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Mar 2012 13:35 #10 by +BrooksPlaceTavern
Replied by +BrooksPlaceTavern on topic We can help
We wanted to offer folks affected by the fires to access free wifi at Brooks Place Tavern to check emails or work for the day, in addition we wanted to offer free non-alcoholic beverages to our neighbors impacted by this terrible fire.

Thanks,
Janice

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds