Elk Creek Fire Board Election-Greg Branch Endorsed by ECFFA?

25 Apr 2012 15:52 #1 by Connie+H
Last night we attended the Conifer Chamber of Commerce special meeting where the candidates for the Elk Creek Fire Board were present. The substitute for candidate Greg Branch who was unavailable to attend, informed the group that Mr. Branch was endorsed by the Elk Creek Fire Fighters Association. This was on Tuesday evening, April 24th.

On Wednesday, April 25th, a copy of Mr. Branch's election flyer was received where again it stated that he was supported by the Elk Creek Fire Fighters Association (ECFFA).

On Tuesday, April 24th, Grady Harn, another candidate for the Elk Creek Fire Board filled out a questionnaire sent by the ECFFA. Grady e-mailed the ECFFA on Wednesday, April 25th and asked them why they had sent him a questionnaire to fill out if indeed they were already supporting Greg Branch. He received a response from Jacob Ware of the ECFFA that said, "I have not spoken with Greg yet, but I think there may have been a bit of a misunderstanding. When Greg first got involved with the board position he had approached us. We chose to support him then. I think he may have assumed that it carried forward. I have called for a vote and we will have our candidates today. So, no, it is not a done deal."

Just wanted to pass the facts along. Misinformation like the incorrect statement that Grady Harn is for "an all volunteer fire department" are not only misleading, they are lies. Be an informed voter!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2012 18:17 #2 by V_A
In the interest of full disclosure, are you related to the candidate Grady?

25 Apr 2012 21:46 #3 by Connie+H
V_A: I am his wife. The facts remain the same.

02 May 2012 11:01 #4 by Connie+H
I was just informed that Mike Bartlett, a ten year volunteer, captain and board member has just turned in his resignation to the Elk Creek Fire Department. For some of you currently on the board and your supporters, should you read this, I want you to know that I hold you responsible for loosing another excellent volunteer. When you say the fighting has stopped and everyone is getting along and doing a good job, you are simply not relaying correct information. Mike Bartlett was someone who put his life on the line for the community. He put in selfless hours of his time, without pay because he cares. Instead of being appreciated, thanked and honored, he has left. To those of you who act in such an unprofessional manner that you're actions drive good people away, you should be very ashamed. Mike, if you read this, know that you have been appreciated by this community, you will be missed and we cannot put into words just how sorry we are to see you leave. Thank you so much for those ten years you have given us. We felt much safer knowing you were there to protect us.

02 May 2012 15:02 #5 by Connie+H
Someone has told me that they confirmed that Mike Bartlett did turn his resignation in for the board but is still going to be a captain and a firefighter. My understanding is that he turned in his gear. If in fact Mike has decided to remain a captain and a firefighter than I could not be more pleased. The fact that he will no longer be on the board concerns me. He was someone whose commitment was to represent the citizens of the district and that will be missed.

02 May 2012 15:48 #6 by V_A
This is why you and your husband don't deserve to be in office.

There could be 100 reasons for his resignation and your post implies it was because of problems at the fire house. Unless you were there and heard the reason from Mike to the board, you have no right to be starting or spreading rumors.

02 May 2012 16:49 #7 by Connie+H
My husband has spoken to Mike. Please try to keep your comments civil.

02 May 2012 17:16 #8 by Grady

V_A wrote: This is why you and your husband don't deserve to be in office.

There could be 100 reasons for his resignation and your post implies it was because of problems at the fire house. Unless you were there and heard the reason from Mike to the board, you have no right to be starting or spreading rumors.

Mike did share his reasons with me. However as you might imagine it is not my place to broadcast those reasons to the world. Needless to say his presence on the board will be missed.

02 May 2012 18:43 #9 by Connie+H
V_A: I will ask you one more time to be civil.
My husband is running for the fire board, I am not running for an office. Please heed your own advice.
Secondly, Mike is a professional. What he said to the board is up to him.
My husband will not share with you or anyone else, the private conversation that he had with Mike.
Also, some time back, you asked me for full disclosure as to my relationship with Grady. I answered you in courtesy. With that in mind, it would be nice for you to come forth also.

02 May 2012 22:38 #10 by Beeks
Hey Grady - Your wife isn't doing you any favors......

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds