Elk Creek Fire Board Election-Greg Branch Endorsed by ECFFA?

03 May 2012 04:14 #11 by V_A
I heard a member of the school board resigned last night. The continued discussions about children having sex in the bathrooms has to stop. The board member that resigned is a thoughtful person who stands up and fights for the community. The other board members should take notice. To the member who resigned, we appreciate your service and support your potion.

Connie - the implications in the above post are no different than your post.

Your actions prove our community will not be better off with your husband on the board. The wives of current board members are not online spreading gossip.

I believe a vote for you & Grady is a vote to down grade the board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2012 06:29 #12 by FOS
i think I will vote for him just cause Va doesn't like him

03 May 2012 07:36 #13 by Connie+H
The focus of this discussion should be the importance of community involvement in the case of a fire danger. That includes educating district residents in what to do if a fire should occur. The fire department has their job to do and we want these men and women to be safe. Citizens need to play a part in knowing how to react to a fire that may hit their neighborhood. Community involvement in what we can do as citizens to protect our property and lives is extremely important as evidenced in this last fire. The various communities in this district need to know what exits they have in their neighborhoods, when to leave and how to be prepared to leave, etc.. In my opinion, we have not been successful in reaching out to the community to involve them in educational programs that just might save lives - and that to me is of the utmost importance. The board can play a very important role in this and that is why having elections is very important. Our community needs to know facts and they need to be involved in making choices that may make a dramatic difference in their lives and the lives of their neighbors. We have all chosen to live in this area for various reasons. We know the hazards involved. We need to have community teamwork encouraged and implemented so we all know what to do in the event of an emergency. I encourage all Elk Creek Fire District residents to vote on May 8th in person at the Elk Creek Fire Station located on Richmond Hill right off of Hwy. 285 between 7am and 7pm. I also encourage everyone to attend the Elk Creek Fire Station board meetings and become involved no matter how the election turns out. Please be informed and support our firefighters.

03 May 2012 08:21 #14 by akilina
Thanks Connie, well said.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

03 May 2012 09:16 #15 by Grady

Beeks wrote: Hey Grady - Your wife isn't doing you any favors......

I don't know about other people, but I would not presume to tell my wife what she can or cannot say. She is a very smart, intelligent, hard working, passionate, opinionated, outspoken, woman, one who cares very much about our family, our community and country.

03 May 2012 14:43 #16 by akilina
Wise man Grady. Makes me think you will be willing to listen to the constituency.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

03 May 2012 14:46 #17 by akilina

V_A wrote: I heard a member of the school board resigned last night. The continued discussions about children having sex in the bathrooms has to stop. The board member that resigned is a thoughtful person who stands up and fights for the community. The other board members should take notice. To the member who resigned, we appreciate your service and support your potion.

Connie - the implications in the above post are no different than your post.

Your actions prove our community will not be better off with your husband on the board. The wives of current board members are not online spreading gossip.

I believe a vote for you & Grady is a vote to down grade the board.

What? Spouses who have something to say can't say anything because their spouse is running for a position? What third world country did you say you were from?

03 May 2012 16:24 #18 by Photo-fish
Elbonia.

Sorry Grady. I wish I could vote for you but that is not my District. Best of luck. Integrity, hard work and intelligence are on your side.

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

03 May 2012 16:36 #19 by ScienceChic

akilina wrote: Wise man Grady. Makes me think you will be willing to listen to the constituency.

Grady is one of the most open-minded, upstanding, intelligent, even-keeled people I've met up here (disclaimer: we are former neighbors); even though we disagree completely politically, he's always treated me with nothing but respect, friendliness, and a willingness to listen (he was even open to my doing a presentation on global warming at one of the Tea Party meetings when I asked about it!). He's also one of the most active that I know in supporting and trying to improve this community. While I have nothing against either of the other candidates, as I liked what Alec had to say, and Greg too, if Len represented him accurately, but I know Grady and trust him to do the right thing. Unfortunately, I no longer have property in the district and can't vote, so I'm just tossing in my $0.02.

The one question I have for Grady is: although you are a fiscal conservative, and against a new mil levy, if the cost and need was thoroughly investigated and justified for something the fire department requested, would you then consider changing your mind? Alec made a very good point during his presentation that, say we need a new fire engine, or wish to increase the time of medical services provided since most calls are for medical emergencies, is it fair to ask the state to give ECFD a grant to cover that cost, when in essence, it's still taxpayer money but now it's people who don't even live here and benefit from that service paying for it - shouldn't the community support its own needs? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 May 2012 20:10 #20 by Grady

Science Chic wrote:

akilina wrote: Wise man Grady. Makes me think you will be willing to listen to the constituency.

Grady is one of the most open-minded, upstanding, intelligent, even-keeled people I've met up here (disclaimer: we are former neighbors); even though we disagree completely politically, he's always treated me with nothing but respect, friendliness, and a willingness to listen (he was even open to my doing a presentation on global warming at one of the Tea Party meetings when I asked about it!). He's also one of the most active that I know in supporting and trying to improve this community. While I have nothing against either of the other candidates, as I liked what Alec had to say, and Greg too, if Len represented him accurately, but I know Grady and trust him to do the right thing. Unfortunately, I no longer have property in the district and can't vote, so I'm just tossing in my $0.02.

The one question I have for Grady is: although you are a fiscal conservative, and against a new mil levy, if the cost and need was thoroughly investigated and justified for something the fire department requested, would you then consider changing your mind? Alec made a very good point during his presentation that, say we need a new fire engine, or wish to increase the time of medical services provided since most calls are for medical emergencies, is it fair to ask the state to give ECFD a grant to cover that cost, when in essence, it's still taxpayer money but now it's people who don't even live here and benefit from that service paying for it - shouldn't the community support its own needs? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks SC

4 years is a long time, economies change. As far as grants go I say we should go after whatever funds are out there. After all, a government grant is still, in part, our money, money that was taken by some other government entity. I think we ought to get back every dime we possibly can. However there is just not much “grant money” floating around.
To be clear, currently there is no mil levee being proposed, if however one were on the ballot I would not support it. Everyone is on a tight budget and tax increase requests have gone down over and over again. Generally I am not in favor of raising any taxes, they never go away. As I have said before, that if firefighter or public safety is at stake I would certainly look at going to the taxpayer. We should look at all options.
Our insurance rates are pretty good considering where we live and do business, we have a great department, with a lot of good people in it. I want to see it stay that way.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds