Pinecam Censors

01 Aug 2012 12:25 #1 by Merlin
Pinecam Censors was created by Merlin
Pinecam seems to have censored themselves this time. It seems they spend a lot of down time now since that young fellow quit. They have ultimatly censored themselves there apparently and it's pretty funny. Couldnt happen to a nicer crowd.
They can really just piss off anyway,,, whoops that slipped!

rofllol

Merlin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2012 16:59 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pinecam Censors
I don't get it. LOL

01 Aug 2012 19:15 #3 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic Pinecam Censors
me either

01 Aug 2012 19:16 #4 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Pinecam Censors
Maybe it is in relation to the Pinecam BOD and a few volunteers selectively choosing posts and threads to delete forever.

Or the fact that you can't see any of your old posts.

Or if you are a post counter, your total posts are declining at an alarming rate and no one can do anything about it. (Meaning they are deleting them or the system is just crashing onto itself)

They will keep "their" favorites tho.

Too bad about those great threads from the past. Pictures too will all be gone.

01 Aug 2012 22:06 #5 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic Pinecam Censors
Well I must be golden, for now. My post count hasnt gone down, that I can tell. But I can tell some others have gone down. They are welcome to delete me completely. That ought to help the new server. They would have to delete some back room threads. HMMM I wonder if they have considered that?

01 Aug 2012 23:08 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Pinecam, you should call me, seriously. I hate to see posts just disappear for this reason. I hope they are backing up. I know that has happened in the past with mods but seriously, I think I could help you guys. 720-248-8285. I would contact but they don't return emails.

02 Aug 2012 06:10 #7 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Pinecam Censors
OK I am confused.......WHY is it a big deal to purge files,as eventually,retention becomes a real problem. I understand they have
been "selective" in the past and have been called on the carpet for that stupidity,but in this case,it seems valid......so that new
software can be implemented and "cleaning up" is part of that process.........am I wrong, because I am NOT a tekkie when it comes
to computers and software........ :don'tknow:

02 Aug 2012 12:17 #8 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Pinecam Censors
Some friends and I were talking about this a bit this morning. There are several rich, funny, wonderful threads from way back that it will be a shame to have them gone. Zeroe, Steve-o as the therapist, Haystacks when he was funny not mean, etc. A really delightful bunch of reading. Heck - if they're purging (anorexic?) how about deleting registered posters with 0 posts? Oh but they can't - advertising dollars are based on registered members, whether they post or not.

02 Aug 2012 12:34 #9 by CinnamonGirl
PC, I think you guys would be better off archiving your forum and starting a new one. That is alot of history to just delete.

02 Aug 2012 12:42 #10 by CinnamonGirl
I have another idea for you PC. Vote on what you are going to delete rather than arbitrarily deciding. I am sure the founder PC has to be upset about this as well.

Knowing what I know about databases, I am guessing this won't fix the problem.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds