What's in Your "in the Ditch" Kit?

17 Sep 2012 17:55 #21 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What's in Your "in the Ditch" Kit?
I just read the entire thread..LOL @ the people that think the ditch kit is a good idea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Sep 2012 18:52 #22 by LOL
I always carry jumper cables. For 30 years I have never once used them to start my own Truck, not once. I think I have used them 20 times to start other people's cars to help them out, probably Raees types. :lol:

Sleeping bag is a good idea. Some type of water container that won't break when frozen would be great too.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

17 Sep 2012 19:33 #23 by jf1acai

VL or whatever wrote: You forgot the HAM radio in case all other forms of communication are down...

The smartest thing you have ever posted! lol :thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

17 Sep 2012 19:44 #24 by Martin Ent Inc
I carry an extra vehicle.

17 Sep 2012 19:53 #25 by CC

Martin Ent Inc wrote: I carry an extra vehicle.

Lol

17 Sep 2012 20:37 #26 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What's in Your "in the Ditch" Kit?

jf1acai wrote:

VL or whatever wrote: You forgot the HAM radio in case all other forms of communication are down...

The smartest thing you have ever posted! lol :thumbsup:

You people are so strange

"Hello Austrailia! I'm stuck in a ditch in Conifer Colorado"

"No worries mate, I'm sending help straight away..Btw, wheres Colorado?"

18 Sep 2012 07:53 #27 by akilina
First Aid Kit

Ditch doesn't have to be on 285, but let's say it is. If visibility is low, no one may see you go off the road and you could be there for days. The curve at Windy Point could land you way down there in the ditch and no one would necessarily ever know. You might have to be your own rescue. Assuming you are conscious could you do it or survive days with what you have?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

18 Sep 2012 09:23 #28 by Surveyor
Not all of us are in Colorado with lots of people around either. I live up in the sparsely populated state of WY. There just aren't that many people up there and you can go into the ditch and easily not be missed or discovered until June :-)

18 Sep 2012 09:34 #29 by Raees

akilina wrote: First Aid Kit

Ditch doesn't have to be on 285, but let's say it is. If visibility is low, no one may see you go off the road and you could be there for days. The curve at Windy Point could land you way down there in the ditch and no one would necessarily ever know. You might have to be your own rescue. Assuming you are conscious could you do it or survive days with what you have?

I suppose if you have no loved ones who knew you were driving on the highway and were overdue and don't notify the authorties and if you stayed in your car and cooked MRE's instead of getting out and trying to flag down help (if your cell phone didn't work). I'm all for self rescue.

In decades of living here I've never heard of anyone stuck on 285 for days. Maybe out in Nevada or New Mexico or Wyoming on a forest road somewhere.

The only reason I have a sleeping bag is in case I'm stuck late at night in a blinding blizzard and wouldn't want my loved ones to come out and get me in those conditions and could wait till the next day.

Oh, I forgot those little heat packs for gloves and such that get hot when exposed to air. They're good to throw in the glove box.

18 Sep 2012 18:59 #30 by akilina
Yea heat packs would come in handy. Thanks Raees.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds