Boys and Girls Club in Bailey

22 Jul 2010 13:42 #1 by RockyMtnHigh
From my understanding, they have run out of money and it will be closing July 30 unless they obtain funding. I know there is going to be a booth set up at Bailey Days. I strongly urge everyone to throw even a dollar their way. They are doing a dunking machine to help raise money. This is such a wonderful thing for our community and I surely would hate to see it go. :crossed:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2010 14:25 #2 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Didn't know we had a Boys and Girls Club in Bailey. How long has it been here, where is it located, why isn't it advertised, and where do we send donations? OR how do we volunteer?

22 Jul 2010 14:50 #3 by RockyMtnHigh
GREAT questions. Their number is (303) 838-7666 (ext. 1246)(summer only). The fairplay number is (719) 836-9019. They do advertise. They send a lot of stuff home with the kids from school. They also advertise on PC or other websites. I told them today that they need to advertise here. The word is still getting out. It is a great program. The school program is the best because it is held at the Deer Creek Christian Camp. Fantastic place for the kids with TONS to do. Obviously since DDCC is running its own program in the summer, B and G Club are not allowed to have it at DDCC. You can make donations online and read about the program on their website below.

http://www.bgcsp.com/main.asp?id=45

05 Aug 2010 16:29 #4 by RockyMtnHigh
This is an email that I received today. I really hope we can all help them. Any thoughts? Let's get a discussion going on what we can do and where we can do it? :thumbsup:

Good morning all,

I am sending this out to ask for help. We need to rise funds and find a home for the club or a drop in center or?? So as a community what can we do? All of the gear is packed up and waiting to be placed in a new home.There is a great need for this service, and I am willing to continue to be with the children. Though I need the support of the community, if we are going to get the doors open again. Any ideas and checks are welcome.The pizza sales ( i have more order forms) is running now until Aug.20 with delevery scheduled for Aug. 30Th.

Boys and Girls Club of Park County
Bailey Club
P.O. Box 818
Bailey, CO 80421
Crystal cell Phone 303-915-6382

Fairplay Phone 719-836-9019

05 Aug 2010 16:30 #5 by RockyMtnHigh
I will get more info on the pizza sales. Not sure about that one. I just know they are working on fundraisers.

10 Aug 2010 19:23 #6 by Momma Bear
My brother has been helping the boys and girls club in New Jersey with Fundraiser's. This weekend they are holding a Hawaiian luau as one of their fundraisers. They are selling their tickets for the event for $35 for adults and $25 for senior citizens. Maybe the Bailey Boys/Girls club could do something like that to help raise dollars.

27 Aug 2010 11:56 #7 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Boys and Girls Club in Bailey
Wanted to get a thread started to get some support for these guys so that we can save this wonderful program in our community.
If you can donate time or money or both. Please post here.

http://www.bgcsp.com/main.asp?id=45

27 Aug 2010 12:08 #8 by jf1acai
This might make their Wish List a bit more readable for those like me who can't see blue on blue well:

Summer 2010 Wish List

We appreciate all things new or used! Thank you!

K-5th Grade Room
markers, crayons, finger paints, finger paint paper, construction paper, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, tape, calculators, clay, play-doh, games for k-2nd, puzzles k-2nd grade, small prizes for power hour, throw blankets and pillows, bean bags, wii games, VCR, painting canvases, acrilic paint, paint brushes, beads, string

Pre-teen/teen Room
PG & PG-13 Teen DVD's, wii games, Pre-teen/teen music Cd's, Guitar hero game/guitars for wii, Dance Dance Revolution wii game, VCR, painting supplies, card games, pool cues, pool balls, ping pong balls

Game Room
Wall Clock, new or used high "bar/pub" table with chairs that seat two, pre-teen music Cd's, VCR

Technology Room
flat computer screens, memory sticks, flash drives, printers, head phones, computer mouse, multiple computer cubby/desk, wall clock, desk chairs, book case

Building/Cleaning
Working electric drill and bits, assorted screws and nails, shelving, plastic totes, liquid hand soap/refill, paper towel roll ispensor

Recreation/Sports
Fishing Poles, Sleds, ball air pump and needles for air pump,

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

27 Aug 2010 12:14 #9 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Boys and Girls Club in Bailey
Thx JF.
There is also a link where you can donate financially directly to them.

27 Aug 2010 13:23 #10 by lnactive Member
Question, the donation link says to send checks to Fairplay. Does anyone know how to ensure the funds are used for Bailey and not Fairplay?

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds