Pickup driver yelled profanities at cyclist he hit.

06 Nov 2012 05:25 #1 by CinnamonGirl
A cyclist was struck and injured on Deer Creek Canyon Road Sunday and state troopers cited the driver for careless driving.

Byron Nix, 45, of Centennial, was riding with a dozen other cyclists on Deer Creek Canyon Road Sunday morning, when a pickup truck came up behind them.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/fr ... anyon-road

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2012 14:56 #2 by akilina
Whoops. Looks like Andy got fed up dealing with the bicyclists. If you drive it everyday it really is a pain.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

09 Nov 2012 15:14 #3 by Raees
She left out the part about them riding a group and not in single file, as required by law. I'd be yelling profanities, too.

09 Nov 2012 15:40 #4 by Something the Dog Said
According to the reports, the cyclists were riding in accordance with the law. Only the driver was cited, after he rammed one of the bicycles from behind, causing serious injury to the rider. The bicyclists gave the driver ample room to pass.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

09 Nov 2012 15:46 #5 by Raees

Signs on Deer Creek Canyon Road instruct cyclists to ride in single file formation. Hoover said the cyclists he saw on Sunday morning were riding in a group.

09 Nov 2012 15:48 #6 by Something the Dog Said
Let's see, I am guessing that Hoover was the idiot running down the cyclist.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

09 Nov 2012 15:51 #7 by Raees
Didn't you even read the story?

09 Nov 2012 16:20 #8 by ScienceChic
There are a few different versions of the events, so I'm not sure which to believe. However, I have to say that the comments I read on this cycling site had me aghast. I'm sure none of them have any idea who this is, but the guy just lost his entire home, all of his possessions, historical items that can never be replaced, and is staring at a long, drawn-out battle with the state to get some compensation - he's not the happiest person right now and I'm sympathetic. Did he have a right to hit the cyclist, absolutely not, but I'll bet he gets frustrated easily these days and this group of cyclists were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and he didn't control himself as he ought to have. He is quoted as saying that he was honking for them to get out of the way, and they acknowledged that he was honking so I'm guessing at least some of them were not single file.

It's a sad situation all the way around.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Nov 2012 16:22 #9 by Raees
Oh, and he 's the grandson of President Herbert Hoover.

09 Nov 2012 16:31 #10 by Something the Dog Said
I did read the article, as well as the cycling site with the actual cyclists as well as several other reports. The article per your link stated that the cyclists were attempting to get into a single line when the driver accelerated and hit the cyclist. Regardless, even if the cyclists were not in a single line, the law is quite clear that drivers must give at least a 3 foot cushion. If you can not give a 3 foot cushion, you do not pass.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds