Why do you like 285bound.com?

26 Jul 2010 17:32 #1 by MyMountainTown
Hi,

Bailey Day is coming up. We are going to be handing out materials and letting people know what 285bound.com is about and would love to get your spiffy comments for the flyer. Post your comments here. If you do post a comment you do give permission to use the comment and your nic on any flyers that we do pass out.

We will have a drawing with proceeds going to Mountain Peace Shelter. We will love to see you. Stop by and say hello.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jul 2010 18:20 #2 by Nmysys
I am through with Pinecam as a result of over moderating. At least if things get contentious, on 285Bound we can get thrown into the Ring, with the Big Boys. Bravo!!

26 Jul 2010 18:28 - 27 Jul 2010 14:22 #3 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Why do you like 285bound.com?
I like it a lot, people here are nice, friendly, free wheeling and mostly intelligent. No locked threads or kindergarten patrol mods either! :)

There is also developing some interest from the business community which is nice to see.

And the site is easy to use and fast loading, has all the necessary bells and whistles without too much unnecessary fluff and ads.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

26 Jul 2010 20:12 #4 by Local_Historian
The ablity to speak freely, sir!

No, honestly - I've seen most conversations that have gotten heated have resolved themselves without people getting all bent and going after them in public - people either walk away or rethink or even take the time to talk to the person they're arguing with more to understand and resolve the difference. Yes, sometimes it gets heated, but sometimes it needs to.

No babysitting is needed.

26 Jul 2010 22:11 #5 by Scooby72
1) No overmoderation
2) Despite the lack of overmoderation, the heated debates seem to be less aggressive than at the other board with their moderation style. (Did that make sense? I think I rambled.)
3) Easier to post freely regarding opinions, questions, etc, without being made feel like one is an idiot because they haven't lived in the area for 10+ years.
4) Useful and informative information

I'll add as I think of more. :)

27 Jul 2010 09:48 #6 by RockyMtnHigh
Freedom of Speech!

27 Jul 2010 10:02 #7 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Why do you like 285bound.com?
I love 285bound for the vision they have for this community.
The business community is welcomed here with open arms. In tough economic times, we need a little help to get the word out about the services we provide without restricting our dialogue with the community or being punitive if we don't follow the rules.
I love that people here think outside the box and are always looking for new and creative ways to provide information and services.
I have enjoyed getting to know a whole other side of my community that I had not seen before.
I love the freedom to debate my neighbors without someone else referring or deciding what is acceptable and what is not. We are all grown ups and don't need a baby sitter.
Thank you 285bound for changing how the 285 corridor and beyond interacts with each other.

AWESOME!

27 Jul 2010 10:18 #8 by jf1acai
I like 285bound.com for their vision and true desire to help the community.

The lack of overmoderation and absence of deleted posts/topics makes it worthwhile to put effort into making posts here.

The new ideas, such as the videos of debates, are a great service to the community.

And, it is really nice to be treated as an adult! :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

27 Jul 2010 19:02 #9 by Momma Bear
I am still trying to figure out what I think about this site. So far, it seems to be ok but would like to see more people posting!

27 Jul 2010 22:29 #10 by Wayne Harrison
I felt the same way at Pinecam, but then it grew so big so fast that it lost a lot of its personal feeling. It was nice to get that feeling back here on 285Bound.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds