Mountain Lions in Burland

11 Dec 2012 17:52 #1 by BurlandHOA
Beware Burland Residents and other close neighbors - Our HOA President was contacted by the District Wildlife Officer today regarding 2 active mountain lions in Burland. Please always be aware of your surroundings and keep a very close eye on pets and children. Pets should be brought in at night, or make sure they kept in a kennel with a cover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Dec 2012 19:24 #2 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Mountain Lions in Burland
Thanks for the heads up.

I know the two. One is a full grown female and a youth. But hey we are not done yet.

There is also another huge and I mean huge mamma who is finally moving with her two young kits. We have known about this one for awhile over on the Hi Meadow side but visiting in Burland to make her kills. She is the mamma to the full grown female, we think, since she allows her to stay in her territory. Big mamma is wise enough to stay out the limelight. Unfortunately her offspring aren't so bright.

We have not had any problem with the two. They have hissed to give warning and we have moved off and given them room to leave. If DOW is contacting the HOA, they must be getting into trouble. Bummer. Please keep an eye on your pets and children. I hope the crazy woman who lets her children jump on the trampoline and play outside unattended reads this. She has no idea how close the lions and bears have come to her children.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

20 Dec 2012 11:02 #3 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Mountain Lions in Burland
Please watch pets and children.

An email received from a neighbor. The big lion with the 2 kits is now on the move between Burland and Hi Meadow teaching them how to hunt easy prey, pets.

This is not the lion and youth also in the Burland area.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

20 Dec 2012 11:07 #4 by ScienceChic
Thanks for the update akilina, appreciate it!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Dec 2012 15:27 #5 by Mtn Gramma
Well I wish to heck they'd mosey this way when I'm looking out the window!

20 Dec 2012 15:37 #6 by Martin Ent Inc
Kitty's.

20 Dec 2012 16:05 #7 by Mtn Gramma
I've tried calling "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty" in the deepest voice possible to no avail. :(:

20 Dec 2012 16:53 #8 by Martin Ent Inc
Just park your vehicle with the hood in the sun, Natural lounging area for them.

20 Dec 2012 21:48 #9 by Mtn Gramma
Hummm. Maybe I'll sprinkle a little cat nip there, too. And then hide inside with the windows rolled up. Sounds like a plan.

21 Dec 2012 09:45 #10 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Mountain Lions in Burland
Hide in the Porta-Pottie!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds