So, what's your plate?

28 Jul 2010 15:00 #1 by Scooby72
I was wondering yesterday and wanted to get some input from you wonderful peeps. I recently purchased a new vehicle and chose to pay extra to do a 'special' plate versus the standard CO plate. I honestly have noticed drivers seem to be more courteous since I've put the new plates on, it's been about 2 months now.

So, my question is - do you all treat people that have specific plates on their vehicles differently? I'm not saying what mine is yet. :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2010 17:14 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic So, what's your plate?
I have a special plate too, but I don't treat people differently if they have one. I do expect to be treated differently by them tho. :wink:

28 Jul 2010 17:31 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic So, what's your plate?
I just got the Project C Carbon Fund Advancing Clean Energy plate on my car and hubby is getting one for his. We paid for enough carbon offsets to cover our vehicles and house energy use, will include air travel next year.
http://www.coloradocarbonfund.org/index ... nse-plate/

Don't treat people differently who have special plates, but do notice trends of which special plates drive slower (biggest driving pet peeve are inconsiderate, slow, left lane drivers)...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Jul 2010 18:44 #4 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic So, what's your plate?
14U2NV

Regards,
Major Bean

28 Jul 2010 20:43 #5 by Local_Historian
Nope. Why should I ?

I have noted that those with fireman plates are some of the most inconsiderate drivers around here - it's your own car, you have no blue light going so there's no emergency - the rules of the road don't apply to you?

My plate is the plain old standard one and will stay that way, especially after I looked at the rates yesterday when registering.

29 Jul 2010 06:05 #6 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic So, what's your plate?
I laugh at those who pay extra for vanity....

Now, the "cancer, MIA" etc plates are different. People don't buy those because they are vain.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

29 Jul 2010 06:51 #7 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic So, what's your plate?
I am renewing my plates tomorrow, and will be going back to plain ol green Colorado. Like LH - that extra fee is just too much.

29 Jul 2010 08:06 #8 by Scooby72
Replied by Scooby72 on topic So, what's your plate?
There seems to be a lot of aggression on the boards the past 12 hours, I wonder what's up.

I am a veteran - so I got a honarably discharged plate. I haven't seen ff's drive too much different than others, there's a ton of rude drivers out there that can give a whole group a bad name - so please don't judge them all. My bf is a ff/paramedic and is one of the most cautious and patient drivers I've ever seen. He's actually going to take his off this next time around, he says there is too many of them now.

I don't consider my plate vanity, I served my country and I'm proud of that, not sure how that's vain...

29 Jul 2010 08:10 - 29 Jul 2010 08:23 #9 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic So, what's your plate?

Scooby72 wrote: There seems to be a lot of aggression on the boards the past 12 hours, I wonder what's up.

I am a veteran - so I got a honarably discharged plate. I haven't seen ff's drive too much different than others, there's a ton of rude drivers out there that can give a whole group a bad name - so please don't judge them all. My bf is a ff/paramedic and is one of the most cautious and patient drivers I've ever seen. He's actually going to take his off this next time around, he says there is too many of them now.

I don't consider my plate vanity, I served my country and I'm proud of that, not sure how that's vain...

And I appreciate and respect your service. If I see someone with a military plate, I do cut them slack on their driving. I can be upset if they are driving slow in the left lane holding up traffic, but if I see they served our country, I will back off and be patient. They earned it.

29 Jul 2010 08:21 #10 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic So, what's your plate?

The Viking wrote:
And I appreciate and respect your service. If I see someone with a military plate, I do cut them slack on their driving. I can be upset if they are driving slow in the left lane but if I see they served our country, I will back off and be patient. They earned it.

I'm right with Viking Scooby72. Military, fire, paramedic, medical issues....all are not vain in the slightest. Vanity is where you pay extra, just to let others know your cause. Serving in the military is not a cause....it is an extremely giving sacrifice for the rest of us. Thanks for your service!!! :thumbsup:

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds