Google Flu Trends.

10 Jan 2013 15:38 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Google Flu Trends.
Do people think the vaccine this year had the wrong mix of strains? My wife and I got ours in October and so far haven't got it, but she is in the vulnerable class.

Or are the people getting it the onces who weren't vaccinated? Work gives me mine for free but at least half the employees opted out this season.

Buying a lot of bleach wipes and anti-bacterial soap this month for the workplace.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 15:55 #12 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Google Flu Trends.
Don't really know but the national news on Channel 9 said don't count on it helping much because it is for a specific one and there are many not covered. Didn't seem to encouraging to me.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jan 2013 15:57 #13 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Google Flu Trends.
I'm scheduling some sewer work this week to help boost my imunities. LOL

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Jan 2013 17:13 #14 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Google Flu Trends.
Just take a flight on a crowded airplane, works for me, always come back with a cold. $%@#*&^$@#

Those flying contraptions are sealed germ tubes.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Jan 2013 20:12 #15 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Google Flu Trends.

LOL wrote: Just take a flight on a crowded airplane, works for me, always come back with a cold. $%@#*&^$@#

Those flying contraptions are sealed germ tubes.

No kidding. Sometimes I wonder when getting on the plane just what kinds of diseases I am flying with.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

11 Jan 2013 10:55 #16 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Google Flu Trends.
Airplane flights? They think that is part of the problem. In the old days, the new flu strains would originate in Asia, and take months or a year to make it to America, but now, those new strains can be here in less than a day.

But it might be a good idea to get that exposure. The last big flu pandemic, happened during WWI. Millions of people who had never left their hometowns and developed immunities were shipped all over the world and put in nasty trenches or thousands per ship.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jan 2013 11:32 #17 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Google Flu Trends.
Back in October, my doctor said the vaccine this season was a good match.

"This year’s flu vaccine is a good match for the circulating viruses, CDC has said. It covers two strains of influenza A and one strain of influenza B. However, a second B strain is not covered and may be accounting for 8 percent to 10 percent of illnesses, infectious disease experts said."

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01 ... tages?lite

"This year's North American vaccine is made from three viruses: two types of influenza A virus (H3N2 and H1N1) and an influenza B virus......
As of late December, the CDC says, the predominant virus in the United States was an influenza A (H3N2) virus that matched well with the H3N2 virus represented in the vaccine. Of the H3N2 viruses tested at that point, 99.3% matched the type that the vaccine protects against."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/10/health/fl ... index.html

11 Jan 2013 12:16 #18 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Google Flu Trends.
The one year I got a shot --- I caught a strand not covered by the shot.

Haven't had a shot since then - and haven't had the flu since then, either.

I am in a plane in 3 weeks, though - so I'm thinking about it.

13 Jan 2013 19:03 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Google Flu Trends.

13 Jan 2013 19:55 #20 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Google Flu Trends.
That recipe will barely make 4 cups. So you have to make it every day? That's a lot of lemons. But if anyone wants to try it, I've got the garlic.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds