Evergreen Fire Board Recall info....

19 Mar 2013 10:04 #31 by deltamrey
"Lives are at stake".....well, Frogger I suppose because of my experiences
over a quarter century in the Navy that I see no special skill set associated with civilian fire fighters....in the USN we were the fire fighters (sort of lunch activities) in an environment much more dangerous than faced by civilian firefighters.........we were (are ) surounded by high explosives, aviation fuel, oxygen generators, liquid sodium, napalm, nuclear weapons.....nasty stuff that generated fires and killed many accidently. We had no 911 in our business....we were 911. So I see civilian firefighters (many of which have skills developed in military service) as rather mundane. MANY towns in USA have only volunteers (unpaid)....I served on one.

We appreciate the service regardless......my perspective is not the norm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2013 10:12 #32 by deltamrey
The problems we face will
NOT be solved by the minds
that created them.

Home....thank you for the information.

19 Mar 2013 10:18 #33 by homeagain
YouR WelCOme FrOgGer.......while I understand that you(collectively) need to put LABELS on individuals and then contain
those individuals in BOXES....there are OTHERS who find that above mentioned habit annoying. I will NEVER be contained
in a BOX. (apparently it is the nature of these types of venues....social media is what it is......a NEED to belong.)OF COURSE,JMO.......... :grouphug:

19 Mar 2013 10:21 #34 by FOS
Homeagain.....if I didn't value the information you provide....I wouldn't bother to try and make a point.
I just want to be able to read and understand your information and your use of Caps makes that somewhat difficult.
Just sayin.

19 Mar 2013 10:29 #35 by FOS

.....I see no special skill set associated with civilian fire fighters.....

I disagree and find your comment condescending to those who serve as volunteer fire fighters risking their lives on a daily basis to keep us safe.
Fire Fighting is definitely a science.

As for Board members being paid.....I cannot specifically speak for the Evergreen Fire Board but I do know that State law provides for minimal compensation of special district board members to cover actual expenses incurred by those who serve on a voluntary basis.
I was paid $50.00 per month to serve on a Special District water Board for 10 years.

19 Mar 2013 10:36 #36 by homeagain

Nobody that matters wrote:

frogger wrote: Perhaps you should just say what you mean instead of all these caps letters and sentence breaks.
It is very difficult to follow much of what you post.
This isn't meant to be hateful. I believe you have some great points. It is just hard to find them in your posting style.

That's a good way to put it,The f but Homeagain won't listen. It's come up before. act that communication is a two way street with the sender's main concern being how the message is being received does not seem to be a concern to her.

I figure to each his/her own. I browse a message and if I can't catch the meaning quickly I move on to the next. Life's to short to take too much effort decoding 'original' communication styles.

[/b]
LABELS AND BOXES.........life is too short to "worry" about what "others" think of you.......social media is a "popularity
venue" that reminds me of high school and the "in' crowd, IF you don't CONFORM to their expectations you are "out"....JMO

19 Mar 2013 10:38 #37 by FOS

The f but Homeagain won't listen

nuf said

19 Mar 2013 10:56 #38 by deltamrey
Frog...I expected you to disagree.....common line.....but facts are facts. I have been a vol firefighter AND a career military tech/officer in 'NAM and in Subs.....so I have walked the talk. There is NO comparison.....NONE.

Compensation should be reviewed......your experience sounds reasonable. These boards IMHO should be service ......period.

19 Mar 2013 11:21 #39 by FOS
I did not say there was a comparison. I simply indicated that your statement that volunteer fire fighters possess no particular skill set was condescending and in my opinion. ...wrong

19 Mar 2013 12:57 #40 by deltamrey
The skill set is not "rocket science" I do repeat.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds