Evergreen Fire Board Recall info....

19 Mar 2013 07:43 #21 by deltamrey
For "nobody".....I am completely uninformed about the details of the recall....BUT up here there is an entrenched cadre of blue collar attitudes that has been proven to be dangerous of late....almost a class separation issue.....sad. The representatives on ALL civic boards should reflect the best among us. Firefighting is a service profession that is appreciated but not rocket science. Excellence in management and decision making seems to be missing. Having one of five people on a board with fire fighting experience seems prudent but well educated, experienced folks are IMHO the better choice. Innovaion and efficiencies need to be introduced. There IMHO should be no pay for this service to the people....take personal renumeration out of the equation and see who is really service focused.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2013 08:08 #22 by FOS
Why on earth would you offer up an uneducated opinion about something you know nothing about the specifics of.
Just simply because you see an entrenched behavior in other issues?
The Evergreen Fire Board has served it's community well for many years.
You did touch on one thing that you may be accidentally right on.
This is, to some degree, a class separation issue.....The folks in Hiwan have, in my opinion, placed their views and vanity above innovation and progress. They have some expendable income to attempt to ensure their views and vanity and appear to care little about about what effects others or the money that is taken away from the public for "innovation and efficiency".
Please take a moment to avail yourself of some facts before you make broad brush statements about the community and this Fire Board.
I support the current Evergreen Fire Board and if I could vote in their election.....they would have my vote.
This kind of recall damages the community. It effects the trust of an entire community. It divides a community and nothing good will come of this.

19 Mar 2013 08:40 #23 by deltamrey
Frogger.....provide "facts" please.......recall is THE method to assure the citizens can lever the non-performance (in the people's estimation) ......Educate us.......the area has a blue collar (rust belt influx) - white collar (influs from the WEST) issue.....it is evident. What are the facts, please.

19 Mar 2013 08:55 #24 by FOS
Please read the thread and the links contained in it. Do your own homework Sir!

19 Mar 2013 09:08 #25 by deltamrey
Just guessing.....but two issues that were unsettling in conjunction with the fire that killed citizens last year here are (IMHO):

The "firefighters" conducted "controlled" burns in a dangerous fashion.....they so admitted......people died.
The Jeffco Sheriff investigated......declared in public no criminal activity was involved....seemed strange to me....I have not seen before law enforcement making that determination....usually is the DAs call....law enforcement is not competent to determine the legal issues......that is traditionally the function of the professional legal officers.

I of course have no evidence of cronyism or interest conflict, BUT we should not rely on those responsible to declare anything
third party review seems to be warranted.

Consequently this culture NEEDS citizen involvment at all levels......the American way. This issue is certainly playing a part in all reviews formal or informal of the "management" of our firefighter establishment. LIVES are at stake.

:angry:

19 Mar 2013 09:11 #26 by FOS
The folks pushing a recall should remember that LIVES ARE AT STAKE.

nuf said.

19 Mar 2013 09:42 #27 by deltamrey
I will read the links that seem to be objective and third party generated....."facts" are important.

To an extent, the public is marginally suportive of the firefighters and law enforcement currently.....and justly so. Issues lately are : The jailing of the Arapaho County Sheriff, resignation (retirement) of the top officer of CO State Troopers, Court supervision of the Denver Police, the fire mentioned before......list is long. It is the responsibility of both firefighters anf police organizations to gain and retain the support of the citizens.......they SERVE the public.

Elected officials can be held accountable in 2014 (they have many questions to answer still.....). TRUST but verify.

:wink:

19 Mar 2013 09:51 #28 by homeagain
per Rest of Evergreen Citizens.....Fire Dept Board and Recall group will DEBATE on THURSDAY MARCH 21st at Evergreen Elks
Lodge 27972 Iris Drive.........6:30 PM, sponsored by the Canyon Courier........could be an "interesting" and informative event...... :Hotnews: :Hotnews: :Hotnews: :Hotnews: :Hotnews:

19 Mar 2013 09:52 #29 by FOS
Please do read the links and FACTS.

19 Mar 2013 09:53 #30 by FOS
ThAnKs FoR tHe InFo HoMeAgAiN

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds