Evergreen Fire Board Recall info....

17 Mar 2013 12:15 #11 by homeagain
What part is NOT clear? I'm relating the fact that an EARLIER EFFORT to compromise was attempted.(by the Fire Dept and it's constituents).....the "back door" approach was stalled out by the recall group's NON compromising stance.......and THAT is why we
are at this juncture in time......could have been RESOLVED MONTHS AGO.......and monies could have been utilized in a better way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Mar 2013 12:21 #12 by FOS
Thx JF. It was a good summary of the situation.
I have served as a board member of a special district and those folks are right.....If you can't handle the heat, you should never ever go into the kitchen.
I just think that this whole situation has created undo mistrust of a fine fire district and the damage to the community as a whole coming into fire season is immeasurable.
Very sad.

17 Mar 2013 12:23 #13 by FOS
Perhaps you should just say what you mean instead of all these caps letters and sentence breaks.
It is very difficult to follow much of what you post.
This isn't meant to be hateful. I believe you have some great points. It is just hard to find them in your posting style.

17 Mar 2013 12:39 #14 by Nobody that matters

frogger wrote: Perhaps you should just say what you mean instead of all these caps letters and sentence breaks.
It is very difficult to follow much of what you post.
This isn't meant to be hateful. I believe you have some great points. It is just hard to find them in your posting style.

That's a good way to put it, but Homeagain won't listen. It's come up before. The fact that communication is a two way street with the sender's main concern being how the message is being received does not seem to be a concern to her.

I figure to each his/her own. I browse a message and if I can't catch the meaning quickly I move on to the next. Life's to short to take too much effort decoding 'original' communication styles.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

17 Mar 2013 12:56 #15 by FOS
good point

17 Mar 2013 17:52 #16 by FOS

18 Mar 2013 18:36 #17 by FOS
Very interesting link with some good solid info.

http://no-recall.org/community-2/

18 Mar 2013 20:48 #18 by deltamrey
The replacements seem more grounded and educated by far. Perhaps a lack of in the trenches firefighting is positive. Also what are the members paid and do they have benefits including retirement........they should serve unpaid IMHO as a service to the citizens.

18 Mar 2013 21:16 #19 by Nobody that matters

deltamrey wrote: The replacements seem more grounded and educated by far. Perhaps a lack of in the trenches firefighting is positive.

Educated doesn't equate to smart, and I can't possibly understand how you could call them grounded.

What's your theory on the second sentence... those who can't do, administrate?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

18 Mar 2013 21:18 #20 by jf1acai
As near as I can tell, the recall group, even though they moved into the area after the burn building was planned and announced, just recently realized it might be built, and they think it might detract from their view, or whatever, so they are willing to spend any amount of taxpayer's money to defeat it, and have no concern whatsoever for anyone else who may be affected. They also do not appear to me to be qualified to manage a fire protection district in this area.

Just my opinion, based upon everything I have read.

For the citizens of the Evergreen Fire Protection District and all surrounding districts, I hope I am wrong, and there really is a valid reason for the taxpayer's money and the time and energy of the Fire Board and the volunteers that has been diverted to this issue.

It is important for all who live in the vicinity, whether in the EFPD or not, that EFPD continues to be a well organized and well trained organization.

I hope that all who can vote on this recall issue learn as much as they can about it, and vote carefully.

All of us who live in the area depend upon it.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds