In Memoriam

23 Mar 2013 08:24 #1 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2013 12:15 #2 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic In Memoriam

Semper Fi

23 Mar 2013 20:19 #3 by tangelo1
Replied by tangelo1 on topic In Memoriam
Sad commentary that we can spend pages talking about dead iraqi citizens but hardly a shout out for someone who gave his life to keep us free.

RIP Tommy

23 Mar 2013 21:11 - 23 Mar 2013 22:15 #4 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic In Memoriam
Never forget, there are brave men and women who gave everything to preserve our way of living as US citizens, even when some disagree with the defense of our nation through actions as severe as war. LCPL Slocum is one of many who gave all, please take a moment to recognize his sacrifice. LCPL Slocum, thank you for your service and your ultimate sacrifice, a grateful nation exists today because of you.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

23 Mar 2013 21:42 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic In Memoriam
I saw a large display of LCPL Slocum (and a few other lost souls) in Tipsy's about a year ago, it took me by great surprise and I was very glad to see it. Peace to all of his family.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Mar 2013 00:45 #6 by BuyersAgent1
Replied by BuyersAgent1 on topic In Memoriam
:tulip:

I looked in vain for a dignified Salute icon, please imagine it here: ____.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds