Question for Platte Canyon Fire or Elk Creek Fire

13 Apr 2013 17:30 #1 by SandyD
Why is Elk Creek answering so many calls in your district?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2013 07:27 #2 by FOS
Heard a call today where there was some confusion as to who was supposed to respond to a call on Nova Rd.
This sits on the border of the two districts so Dispatch is calling one district and another district is responding under mutual or auto aid. This is confusing and from my point of view, not serving the community very well.

15 Apr 2013 07:32 #3 by FOS
Back on April 6th......Elk Creek responded to 2 calls outside their district. One on Holmes Gulch Rd and another at the Platte Canyon Fire Station One. I am unclear why they were dispatched and responding firmly into Platte Canyons District.

15 Apr 2013 08:02 #4 by jf1acai
It appears to me that there is some confusion on the part of Fairplay dispatch and Jefferson County dispatch as to which jurisdiction should be toned out first. Perhaps this is due to which dispatch is called by the reporting person's 911 call.

I am not sure why, but this situation seems to be occurring more frequently than it has in the past.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Apr 2013 08:41 #5 by FOS
I think what is bothering me is that the confusion can effect response times in a life and death situation.
Why this is occurring isn't exactly clear but it seems to me that we need to address the problem before there is a an ugly situation on our hands such as a structure fire, wildland fire or medical call that requires an immediate response.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds