My work is done here

27 Aug 2013 05:03 #21 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic My work is done here

Walter L Newton wrote:

towermonkey wrote: SC, I had to come back and add one more post. The reason your post was cavalier, not just one sentence, but the entire post, was that you stated the board's policy then went into details about why you think it isn't important. Well, I for one, do think it is important to protect privacy. Regardless of Homeagain's BS rant, I expect privacy when I post on these boards and thought that's what the policy was, but then read your post about how you think it is disingenuous for CV to expect it because he's a public figure. I disagree. How is he different than anyone else here on this board? A lot of us know where he works and what he does for a living, but would never stoop to posting it. A poster who does so should be quarantined at the very least. I have had letters written to my employer before over these stupid local boards and don't wish to repeat that. I now don't know if you even believe in your own TOS after that post.

adios

This is typical big brother bull sh*t. It's not enough that SC has rules and she follows them, but her PERSONAL opinion has to square up with the mind control folks.

I'm the one who committed the TOS violation, not SC... and SC did the right thing, she followed the rules... her rules as stated in the TOS.

But dammit... she's entitled to her own personal opinion about privacy and the internet.

So sorry you didn't succeed in controlling her. I suspect that you know a forum that demands everyone to goose-step to their ideological views. It's just a mouse click away. Try it... you'll like it.

:like:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2013 06:06 #22 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic My work is done here

towermonkey wrote: SC, I had to come back and add one more post. The reason your post was cavalier, not just one sentence, but the entire post, was that you stated the board's policy then went into details about why you think it isn't important. Well, I for one, do think it is important to protect privacy. Regardless of Homeagain's BS rant, I expect privacy when I post on these boards and thought that's what the policy was, but then read your post about how you think it is disingenuous for CV to expect it because he's a public figure. I disagree. How is he different than anyone else here on this board? A lot of us know where he works and what he does for a living, but would never stoop to posting it. A poster who does so should be quarantined at the very least. I have had letters written to my employer before over these stupid local boards and don't wish to repeat that. I now don't know if you even believe in your own TOS after that post.

adios

NOT a BS rant....I call 'em as I see 'em.....it is incredible NAIVE to believe or expect privacy
in today's society.....(it WOULD be great,but this is NOT 1950)....you can NOT have it both
ways.....ACCEPT the accolades,notoriety,perpetuate a farce,create animosity to generate
$$$$ and in general display an ego-centered persona and THEN expect privacy.....what part
of LOW PROFILE do you NOT understand......I would liken this to two celebrities...
one is Matt Damon and his family and the other is Brad/Ang and family..the DIFFERENCE between the two persona's is mile apart.....one is PRIVATE and the other is "out there".....CV
is "out there"....JMO

27 Aug 2013 08:28 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My work is done here

PrintSmith wrote: In many ways it is very similar to a reality TV star, or a professional athlete, or an on-air local TV personality complaining that they can't go anywhere without being approached by fans or hecklers.

Us local celebrities have a right to privacy

27 Aug 2013 13:04 #24 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic My work is done here
I get the feeling that CV is laughing gleefully over all the responses he elicited. He is good at stirring up controversy. No wonder VL and CV have worked together.

27 Aug 2013 14:52 - 02 Oct 2013 20:09 #25 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic My work is done here
I know I said that I was leaving (wasn't that a Frank Sinatra song?) but I wanted to let you all know I have taken your online comments and personal messages since my first post in this thread into thoughtful consideration. Because of that, I have modified my original post to reference only the action that was taken linking my fulltime job to my nick here, in violation of this site's Terms of Service.

I also want to thank SC for acting on it when my request to the poster to remove it was ignored. I also want to thank SC for explaining the website's policy about using first and last names and her suggestions on that.

I also want to thank Jf for his very nice comment about my work in another thread. He and I don't see eye to eye on things, but for that post, I thank him. Yes, I am proud of what I do but there reasons beyond this website that I no longer connect my nicks to my work. The opinions I express are my own. I used to mix my private and professional life online in the past but times have changed and some people online have gotten nastier and meaner and can't seem to separate online from offline.

I was surprised to see one poster offer another poster "examples" of my past online trangressions. Holding a grudge against someone is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. All it does is let the other person control you. It takes some maturity to realize that.

I see we have a new nick that joined apparently because of my post here, if you can believe that. Welcome to MMT, WindPeak. Its good WindPeak showed up because from the feedback I've gotten, everybody knew who really was behind the Tangelo1 nick that has posted on a number of local forums prior to this one, so that nick is blown. It is fun when one assumes a new online identity to see how long it takes people to figure out who you really are. I've had my share, I admit. When I was on the other end of it, I called it "Whack a mole." It was fun trying to figure out who is who for a few years, now it's just tiresome. In the case of WindPeak, it's not even hard anyone to figure out, based on the timing, first post and comments since then. Now we'll have to see if the nicks start talking to each other onine. That's always a laugh when she pulls her sisters into the discussions for backup. Her beef with PCSO is legedary.

All this is to say that I am still bowing out, however, because I found myself spending too much time on here (it's addicting, I know) when I could be accomplishing more important things -- that and the incident with my work being brought into it means it's really not safe or productive for me to participate here anymore. Yes, I've basically held the same job for 30 years and I'd like to make it 32 by the time I retire and leave the country, if I can.

For those who would like to stay in touch, I've left instrutions on my Wall here (you all have filled yours out, right?) on how to reach me on Facebook. For those who couldn't care less, please be assured the feeling is mutual.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled mudslinging.....

27 Aug 2013 15:35 #26 by FOS
<snip>

I was surprised to see one poster offer another poster "examples" of my past online trangressions, as I remember that poster and I had mutually agreed some time ago when we buried the hatchet that we would both get rid of whatever files we had on one another from years past. But then I considered the source and came to the realization after her recent post that she had lied about destroying the files. Mine are all gone, BTW. I'll leave her with this thought: Holding a grudge against someone is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. All it does is let the other person control you. It takes some maturity to realize that.

The examples I referenced exist right here on this board....but you knew that. I defended your right to privacy CV. I understood better than most, at the hand of your own actions, what it is like to have my job or the company I work for presented in a negative light. I have let my grudge go but you do make it difficult to move on given your behavior. I offer this thread as an example.

http://mymountaintown.com/forums/the-ring/28781

I realize that my ill will has absolutely no effect on you and only serves to make me unhappy. I suggest you follow your own advice.
I offered to provide an example of where you have treated me and my business the same way but restrained from doing so in the interest of not adding fuel to the fire.
My last negative comment to you is that you are a hypocrite. You transfer most every deviate behavior you possess to everyone around you. You are not a nice man.
I removed all of my negative posts directed at you this last weekend in an attempt to cleanse the ill will I have felt for so long. The above thread was your petty response to that attempt.
I will not bore this forum anymore with my disrespect of you. I really don't need to anyway as most of us know who you are. I am merely preaching to a choir most of the time and it even gets old for me.
Your a pot stirrer. You bring the worst out in most who engage you. Sit back and be proud of your accomplishments. Don't shove them down our throats and then cry fowl when they leave a bad taste and we react. I did not expose your business. I defended you. Your hatred must have caused you to miss that.
I am not a bad person. I have a keen sense of fair play.
You, on the other hand, do not.
I am not done with this board but I am done with you.

plm

27 Aug 2013 19:30 #27 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic My work is done here

Conservative Voice wrote:
I see we have a new nick that joined apparently because of my post here. Welcome to MMT, WindPeak. Its good WindPeak showed up because from the PMs I've gotten, everybody knew who really was behind the Tangelo1 nick that has posted on a number of local forums prior to this one, so that nick is blown. It is fun when one assumes a new online identity to see how long it takes people to figure out who you really are. I've had my share, I admit. When I was on the other end of it, I called it "Whack a mole." It was fun trying to figure out who is who for a few years, now it's just tiresome. In the case of WindPeak, it's not even hard to figure out. I had lunch with someone awhile back who couldn't wait to tell me who was who on 285Bound. He was surprised I didn't know, or care any more. I guess some people live for that stuff.

Sorry to disappoint you CV. I came on to say farewell to Carole and to respond to the two young people injured. You just happened to be pitching another fit which you are rather famous for. And more disappointment, you idiot, I am not Tangelo1 nor am I any other poster. You make such broad based assumptions based on nothing. I have read the forums and have watched you disintegrate a multitude of times. Seriously I question whether you really are a journalist in real life as it really doesn't reflect here in what I have observed. Thanks for the opportunity to give an opinion as to how you appear to me. Hopefully lessons learned from your years of being surly attempting to elicit opinions when you could have elicited them in a professional manner. You supposedly have the skills. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

28 Aug 2013 08:06 #28 by UNDER MODERATION

WindPeak wrote: Sorry to disappoint you CV. I came on to respond to the two young people injured.

I heard some things about this- I don't want to put it on the accident thread cause I don't want to upset anybody in that family, but when I inquired about this I heard he was the worst driver on earth..Lil Precious told me that "he's the one coming up the hill like its the Baja 1000 spinning his tires, throwing rocks and fish tailing up our switch back everyday". A neighbor told me that he actually said to his wife once that "that kid needs to die"..He felt bad about saying that now..Another neighbor told my wife once that "that kid is going to kill someone someday"

I feel really bad for the girl- And if I were her parents, I don't know what i'd do to this kid once he got better

28 Aug 2013 08:10 #29 by FOS
So much for sensitivity. The ignore button will get some use today.

28 Aug 2013 08:29 #30 by UNDER MODERATION
Frogger-He was a freakin maniac driver. I got it direct from 7 sources and one time I was looking for a big rock to throw at him as he drove by my dog at 50 (?) mph on a curvy dirt road

Like my wife said "That was the guy!"

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds