My work is done here

25 Aug 2013 22:54 - 30 Aug 2013 01:21 #1 by Wayne Harrison
This is what is popularly called the straw that broke the camel's back. The first thing that upset me was a regular poster who decided to use the mention of a mutual friend's memorial service as a vehicle to make a kind of sophmoric high school observation about me. I have no idea what possessed her to do that but it showed no one is safe as far as she is concerned, even when they're dead.

Tonight, the second thing happened. Someone linked to my professional bio. I asked the person to remove it and they refused.

I go to great pains to separate from professional life from my personal life on this website (that's why I don't mention my occupation or my employer) but a few posters decided that it's OK to link my MMT profile to my professional life.

Thank you to those who stood up tonight and called them out for it.

The #1 rule of the Terms of Service of this site are that no personal indentifying information be posted about another poster. Obviously some of the posters here can't bring themselves to follow that and so I have decided to spend my time elsewhere.

And before you misquote Shakespeare, the actual quote is "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

I'm trying to figure out how old Shakespeare met B****.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Aug 2013 23:11 - 25 Aug 2013 23:17 #2 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic My work is done here
Your welcome.

hmmm. Hair of the dog?

Me thinks thou doth protest too much

William Shakespeare

plm

25 Aug 2013 23:16 #3 by archer
Replied by archer on topic My work is done here
I'm sorry to see you go CV, but I sure understand your reasoning.

25 Aug 2013 23:26 #4 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic My work is done here
Bye, W****. Are you and VL 'colliding' again?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 Aug 2013 08:34 #5 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My work is done here

Conservative Voice wrote: A number of you will be happy to hear that.

This is what is popularly called the straw that broke the camel's back. The first thing that upset me was a regular poster who decided to use the mention of a mutual friend's memorial service as a vehicle to make a kind of sophmoric high school observation about me.

Tonight, the second thing happened.

I go to great pains to separate from professional life from my personal life on this website (that's why I don't use my real name or mention my occupation or my employer) but a few posters decided that it's OK to link my MMT profile to my professional life. I let the posting of my real first name go for a few days as I thought I was being too sensitive to complain about that. But, it escalated tonight. It started with one poster and then others joined in, curiously including a poster who has made only four previous posts on this forum in the last three years. The fifth post was to link to something that I posted under my real name on another website -- having nothing to do with the topic they posted it in and an obvious attempt to "out" me to everyone. I'm not so naive that I don't realize it's an account a regular poster on here had kept for just such a purpose so they wouldn't be connected with it. It hasn't been removed so it must be OK for any of you to do that when you want to "out" someone on here: just link to a post they've made under their real name somewhere else, without comment. Deviously clever.

Thank you to those who stood up tonight and called them out for it.

The #1 rule of the Terms of Service of this site are that no personal indentifying information be posted about another poster. Obviously some of the posters here can't bring themselves to follow that and so I am leaving. Congratulations: you won. But I think it will also a message to future potential posters that their personal information isn't really private or safe if they post here and someone decides to sneakily out them.

Where to now boss?

26 Aug 2013 08:42 #6 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic My work is done here
Personal attacks or references are inappropriate. BUT this is the culture up here. SAD.

26 Aug 2013 08:48 #7 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic My work is done here

Conservative Voice wrote: The fifth post was to link to something that I posted under my real name on another website -- having nothing to do with the topic they posted it in and an obvious attempt to "out" me to everyone.

I saw that. I would not call it deviously clever, but deliberately vindictive and rancorous.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

26 Aug 2013 09:04 #8 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic My work is done here
Really? You are leaving?

I debated joining. But you helped me make a decision. Maybe others will join as well.

Bye W****

See how long his whine lasts.

26 Aug 2013 10:31 #9 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic My work is done here

Photo-fish wrote:

Conservative Voice wrote: The fifth post was to link to something that I posted under my real name on another website -- having nothing to do with the topic they posted it in and an obvious attempt to "out" me to everyone.

I saw that. I would not call it deviously clever, but deliberately vindictive and rancorous.

:yeahthat:

26 Aug 2013 12:08 #10 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic My work is done here
After reading SC's response and cavalier attitude towards it, I think I'll join you and not bother to post here anymore.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds