CANCELED 9/13/2013 Conifer Chamber Membership Meeting

13 Sep 2013 05:33 #1 by MLB24
We are canceling the Conifer Chamber Membership meeting scheduled for 9/13/2013 due to road closures in the area.
Please be careful out there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2013 13:46 #2 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic CANCELED 9/13/2013 Conifer Chamber Membership Meeting
You should cancel it forever as far as i'm concerned...The people need a stronger voice in government, not businesses.

A guy recently got his arm cut off to the shoulder (due to unsafe conditions) at work in Colorado- His entire arm is gone and his damages were capped at 60k, thanks to the Chamber of Commerce..

This is what happens when Business creates policy friends..You get F-ed!

13 Sep 2013 13:52 #3 by ScienceChic
Dude, I'm on the Board of Directors for that organization and it's one of the finest group of people I've had the privilege to work alongside. They bust their asses to support this community's businesses, run by our neighbors who are trying to make a living and provide goods and services people want and need, which in turn makes it a better place for us all to live. Don't even go there. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Sep 2013 14:15 #4 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic CANCELED 9/13/2013 Conifer Chamber Membership Meeting

Science Chic wrote: Dude, I'm on the Board of Directors for that organization and it's one of the finest group of people I've had the privilege to work alongside. They bust their asses to support this community's businesses, run by our neighbors who are trying to make a living and provide goods and services people want and need, which in turn makes it a better place for us all to live. Don't even go there. :)

Alright...I'll take your word on that, but nationally, they are clearly the enemy of the people..And its not a struggle to supply the demands of the people, its a privilage, one they fight over..

#$$$$$$$$$

13 Sep 2013 14:19 #5 by ScienceChic
Maybe nationally they are, and you are welcome to complain about that all you want in a separate thread. But this is our local Chamber that works hard to support our businesses here and unless they've done something to you specifically that you need to bring up with the Chamber Director, then you shouldn't be dogging on this Chamber for grievances against others - that's not fair or right.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Sep 2013 14:32 - 13 Sep 2013 14:39 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
Who said life was fair?

The Chamber of Commerce, Front for Hated Industries

Well, remember how the Chamber said it would spend $75 million mostly opposing Democrats in the midterms

Once again, we see the Chamber serving as a front for an industry to lobby hard for what it wants without anybody knowing it’s doing so. It’s a reputation laundry for issues pushed by loathed industries. Wall Street wants to lobby against financial reform while saying publicly it favors it? Funnel the money to the Chamber. Health-care insurers want to influence the process without having their hated names attached? Do the same.

http://www.cjr.org/the_audit/the_chambe ... _front.php

The slogan "Buy American" makes good sense during a time when America is digging its way out of a recession that took 8 years to create. But the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has lost sight of who they used to represent, so they are spending millions to make sure that Americans ignore the slogan, "Buy American." The U.S. Chamber has hired Madison Avenue PR firms to discourage any "Buy American" trend from taking hold with consumers.

When you understand that the U.S. Chamber no longer represents mom-and-pop businesses, that Chamber position makes sense. The organization that use to represent small business interests has morphed into a lapdog that serves a new master. That master is international mega-corporations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-papa ... 28514.html

13 Sep 2013 14:37 #7 by ScienceChic
Again, that's the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, not the Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce. You wanna go complain about the US Chamber, be my guest, in the Courthouse. This is a simple announcement about the local Chamber canceling their meeting in order to keep its members safe.

13 Sep 2013 14:43 - 13 Sep 2013 14:56 #8 by UNDER MODERATION
Maybe they should call themselves something else if they don't want to be tainted by the 400 year war on people that the "Chamber of Commerce" has been waging against us. Almost everyone agrees that buisiness has TOO MUCH INFLUENCE in our government. I support groups whose goal is to further the interests of people.. Not Business-

And trust me, if we the people want something, business will line up to provide it to us..They don't need help right now, the people do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamber_of_commerce

#History

13 Sep 2013 14:46 #9 by Reverend Revelant

Vice Lord wrote: Maybe they should call themselves something else if they don't want to be tainted by the 400 year war on people that the "Chamber of Commerce" has been waging against us. Almost everyone agrees that bisiness has TOO MUCH INFLUENCE in our government. I'm not going to encourage it in any way.

#History

Maybe you should stuff it... jerk.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

13 Sep 2013 14:53 #10 by UNDER MODERATION

Walter L Newton wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Maybe they should call themselves something else if they don't want to be tainted by the 400 year war on people that the "Chamber of Commerce" has been waging against us. Almost everyone agrees that buisiness has TOO MUCH INFLUENCE in our government. I support groups whose goal is to further the interests of people.. Not Business-

And trust me, if we the people want something, business will line up to provide it to us..They don't need help right now, the people do

#History

Maybe you should stuff it... jerk.

You better be nice cause when I get home from Mayweather vs Canelo, I'm taking my wife to your play so I can review it here...Are you going to be there, I'd like you to autograph my wifes program..And act like were friends please

btw-Can I get drink there?

#I'll be fair

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds