Large scheduled power outage 9/24/2013

24 Sep 2013 19:35 #21 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Large scheduled power outage 9/24/2013

ScottB wrote: I'm sorry a simple statement of fact can be so misunderstood. No wonder there is so much dissension in the world. Most of my mountain neighbors are really nice people, very accepting, not hostile nor do they want to be as ugly as Walter was to my short statement.

I'm still willing to pass along information. If you are using this website, I know you have access to a web browser and can easily click on the link below. May we all have a good night and wake up to electricity tomorrow morning.
http://irea.coop/outage-report

I gave his play a glowing review and he called me "a liar"

#TotalIngrate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2013 19:36 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Large scheduled power outage 9/24/2013

Mtn Gramma wrote: You have fans? Who'd a thunk it?

I have a lot of fans Gramma..And you know it- People love me

24 Sep 2013 21:00 #23 by Reverend Revelant
It's 9:00 pm... and hour or so to go... pay close attention... this is what the Zombie Apocalypse is going to be like.

Say Goodnight Gracie.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

24 Sep 2013 21:08 #24 by Venturer
Goodnight Gracie.

Really? You think this little tiny outage will be anything like the Zombie Apocalypse?

In the olden days we have power outages for days/weeks and we didn't get any notice. One minute you had service and then you didn't.

Here's to all the local parties when freezers are cleaned out unless you know how to make jerky.

24 Sep 2013 21:26 #25 by Reverend Revelant

WindPeak wrote: Goodnight Gracie.

Really? You think this little tiny outage will be anything like the Zombie Apocalypse?

In the olden days we have power outages for days/weeks and we didn't get any notice. One minute you had service and then you didn't.

Here's to all the local parties when freezers are cleaned out unless you know how to make jerky.

Gracie... check this patient for a humorous sarcasm deficiency... stat.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

24 Sep 2013 21:31 #26 by Venturer

Walter L Newton wrote:

WindPeak wrote: Goodnight Gracie.

Gracie... check this patient for a humorous sarcasm deficiency... stat.

:wave: That was my attempt at humor in case you missed it.

24 Sep 2013 22:32 #27 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Large scheduled power outage 9/24/2013

Walter L Newton wrote:

ScottB wrote: The official IREA message (exactly as IREA man stated) is located on the Intermountain Rural Electric Association web page: http://www.intermountain-rea.com

Click at the top of the left hand column the red blinking "Outage Report"

Do you see IREA man mentioned anywhere on this forum (except for your comment)? And I don't suspect that everyone is checking IREA website every few hours just to make sure that the electricity is not going out for 5 or more hours.

Maybe you need to pay a little more careful attention to the thread before you shoot your mouth off?

Nurse Ratched...check this patient for humility deficiency. And remember, if he won't take his meds orally, please arrange to have him take them "the other way..."

25 Sep 2013 07:30 #28 by gifford
it is incumbent upon the utility provider to notify customers of planned outages, even if the lead time is short. They must notify customers directly, not through the use of the media, or individuals posting on websites. the use of outbound media (such as the news) should be used to supplement the direct notification. the use of inbound media as an information (not notification) methodology is prudent.

They should have called. They could have robo called. to be fair, not sure yet if i got an email or not

bad form on IREA

It is utter crap if they say they cannot. If you go to their website they have a place to sign up for legislative alerts to your email. if they can throw politics, they can throw the customer a notification bone.

25 Sep 2013 07:39 #29 by FredHayek
Zombies are overrunning my neighborhood! Oh wait, they are just Leafers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Sep 2013 08:23 #30 by gifford
zombie sloths on Shadow Mountain,.... Very slow but they are progressing

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds