Large scheduled power outage 9/24/2013

23 Sep 2013 21:51 #11 by jf1acai

Do you see IREA man mentioned anywhere on this forum (except for your comment)?

Yes, in the first post on this thread.

I appreciate all the good information provided here, and see no reason for 'competition'.

Good information is important to all of us, let's appreciate it, rather than argue over it.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2013 22:06 #12 by pacamom

Science Chic wrote: I don't think he did that, or was being condescending, the way I read it. Thank you ScottB for posting a link and letting people know where else to look for info, it's much appreciated.

I read it as condescending. I don't read Pinecam, nor do I check IREA's website. And I'm pretty sure that most people who are going to lose power tomorrow are not on this site or Pinecam and won't be able to check websites when their power goes out. Luckily, I am not in the area to be affected, I'm still trying to recover from the last outage.

23 Sep 2013 22:08 #13 by Reverend Revelant

jf1acai wrote:

Do you see IREA man mentioned anywhere on this forum (except for your comment)?

Yes, in the first post on this thread.

I appreciate all the good information provided here, and see no reason for 'competition'.

Good information is important to all of us, let's appreciate it, rather than argue over it.

I didn't see that... my apology. I still considered it condescending.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

23 Sep 2013 22:10 #14 by Mtn Gramma

pacamom wrote:

Science Chic wrote: I don't think he did that, or was being condescending, the way I read it. Thank you ScottB for posting a link and letting people know where else to look for info, it's much appreciated.

I read it as condescending. I don't read Pinecam, nor do I check IREA's website. And I'm pretty sure that most people who are going to lose power tomorrow are not on this site or Pinecam and won't be able to check websites when their power goes out. Luckily, I am not in the area to be affected, I'm still trying to recover from the last outage.

:yeahthat:

23 Sep 2013 22:11 #15 by jf1acai
BTW, I just saw it reported on 9News, so someone is trying to get the word out, with apparently little time to do so.

:like:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Sep 2013 23:25 #16 by archer
The OP mentions many more areas of outage than the official statement on the IREA website........Even if I happened to go to the source, it doesn't mention the areas of Evergreen that will be effected. Thank you to Happy Camper, at least I can be prepared and not surprised by such a long outage.

24 Sep 2013 15:56 #17 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Large scheduled power outage 9/24/2013
IT BETTER NOT GO OUT IN BAILEY! I CAN'T SLEEP WITHOUT MY FAN!

24 Sep 2013 17:30 #18 by Mtn Gramma

Big Dougy wrote: IT BETTER NOT GO OUT IN BAILEY! I CAN'T SLEEP WITHOUT MY FAN!

You have fans? Who'd a thunk it?

24 Sep 2013 18:56 #19 by ScottB
I'm sorry a simple statement of fact can be so misunderstood. No wonder there is so much dissension in the world. Most of my mountain neighbors are really nice people, very accepting, not hostile nor do they want to be as ugly as Walter was to my short statement.

I'm still willing to pass along information. If you are using this website, I know you have access to a web browser and can easily click on the link below. May we all have a good night and wake up to electricity tomorrow morning.
http://irea.coop/outage-report

24 Sep 2013 19:11 #20 by Reverend Revelant
Maybe you should consider the way it was worded. I wasn't the only one to take your remark as snark.

Other than that... my apology for jumping the gun. Nuff' said.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds