Large scheduled power outage 9/24/2013

23 Sep 2013 18:44 #1 by HappyCamper
I do not know if IREAMAN post over here so I thought I would put his post from Pinecam over here.

Due to a mechanical failure of an Xcel Energy high voltage switch, it is necessary for Xcel to have an emergency transmission line outage to repair the switch. This outage will affect all IREA customers in the Tiny Town, Conifer and Aspen Park areas. The outage is scheduled for Tuesday Sept. 24th at 10PM and is anticipated to last 5 hours. All IREA customers in the Tiny Town, Conifer and Aspen Park areas will be without power during this time. Other areas included are; South Turkey Creek, Hilldale Pines, North Turkey Creek, up High Drive to Stanley Park. 285 from West Ranch to Green Valley. Pleasant Park Rd out to Critchel and to the end of Kuehster Rd. Hwy 73 to Valley Hi, up Shadow Mtn to Brook Forest. Part of Conifer Mtn around Christopher Dr. On the Evergreen side it will be Upper Bear Creek, Yankee Creek, Squaw Mtn and Blue Valley.
If you live in or near these subdivisions or roads mentioned you can expect to be out.
We apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2013 19:29 #2 by Venturer
Thank you! I appreciate the information and will share with others who might not be aware.

23 Sep 2013 19:34 #3 by HappyCamper
According to IREAMAN they were just notified this afternoon that the outage was to happen.

He also posted that he does not know how this will affect Xcel customers.

23 Sep 2013 19:45 #4 by archer
Thanks....now I know to set the cell phone alarm and not the clock radio alarm so I can get the trash out Wednesday morning by 7am.

23 Sep 2013 20:40 #5 by pacamom
Nice of IREA to let their customers know. :sarcasm: But thank you HappyCamper!

23 Sep 2013 21:01 #6 by ScottB
The official IREA message (exactly as IREA man stated) is located on the Intermountain Rural Electric Association web page: http://www.intermountain-rea.com

Click at the top of the left hand column the red blinking "Outage Report"

23 Sep 2013 21:12 #7 by FOS
Thx HC for the heads up to our neighbors in Conifer.
ScottB....not everyone has the link to IREA in their bookmarks.
It woul be nice to have IREA work a little harder to inform their customers of large outages such as this one.
No need to be condescending (IMO) because someone expressed frustration with a lack of effort on IREA's part.

23 Sep 2013 21:20 #8 by Reverend Revelant

ScottB wrote: The official IREA message (exactly as IREA man stated) is located on the Intermountain Rural Electric Association web page: http://www.intermountain-rea.com

Click at the top of the left hand column the red blinking "Outage Report"

Do you see IREA man mentioned anywhere on this forum (except for your comment)? And I don't suspect that everyone is checking IREA website every few hours just to make sure that the electricity is not going out for 5 or more hours.

Maybe you need to pay a little more careful attention to the thread before you shoot your mouth off?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

23 Sep 2013 21:26 #9 by ScienceChic
I don't think he did that, or was being condescending, the way I read it. Thank you ScottB for posting a link and letting people know where else to look for info, it's much appreciated.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Sep 2013 21:37 #10 by FOS
Agree to disagree. I appreciated the link and bookmarked it. I was just surprised by the tone of the post......

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds