Foods that gross you out

12 Aug 2010 12:01 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Foods that gross you out
Milk just grosses me out. Drinking animal secretions. I read once that mammary glands evolved from sweat glands. Yuk.

But oddly enough, I love cheese.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2010 12:11 #12 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Foods that gross you out
Just about anything Bear Grylls eats on "Man vs Wild" - mostly insects and worms.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Aug 2010 12:16 #13 by ScienceChic

Joe wrote: Just about anything Bear Grylls eats on "Man vs Wild" - mostly insects and worms.

My 7 year old loves that show! I asked him yesterday if he could survive in the wild if he got lost with everything he's learned watching it. He said No. Guess I can't drive him out and drop him off yet!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Aug 2010 13:58 #14 by AC44
Replied by AC44 on topic Foods that gross you out
Can't stand cottage cheese, egg whites (too slimy), milk (unless cooked in food), mustard greens.

I like most foods... but a lot of foods don't like me!!

12 Aug 2010 14:17 #15 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Foods that gross you out
:lol: Science Chic, just remember your son will test your memory to find your way home some day.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Aug 2010 14:20 #16 by ComputerBreath
Pickled Okra, liver, Chitlins, Chili, moldy bread (I see it and I'm done with whatever I'm eating).

12 Aug 2010 14:27 #17 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Foods that gross you out
There isn’t much I don’t like, but Okra is right up there. There are many things I haven’t eaten so I suppose there is bound to be more things I wouldn’t want to eat. I watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman on the Travel Channel, he eats some things I wouldn’t care to try. But even his show has some things that look or sound pretty tasty.
As a young Marine stationed in Okinawa, there was a small group of us who would go visit Okinawaian restaurants that catered to the local population and not the GIs. We’d drink Saki and order blindly off the menus and then try to guess what we had ordered.

12 Aug 2010 17:59 #18 by ScienceChic
That's brave of you!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Aug 2010 18:15 #19 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Foods that gross you out
Fried, fresh okra is food of the gods. There is nothing better. It is the best of Southern food.

Regards,
Major Bean

12 Aug 2010 18:51 #20 by kentucky jan
Gristle, unrendered fat in any meat, that tendon or vein or whatever it is in a chicken leg. Sardines (aren't they just seasoned bait?)

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds