Foods that gross you out

12 Aug 2010 19:19 #21 by pineinthegrass
Growing up, I think we had liver maybe every couple of weeks. I never liked it, but unlike some veggies, I'd at least eat it. Once out of the parent's house (no, it didn't take until age 30), I've never had liver since. I wonder why we had it then. I'm guessing it's cheaper than other "meats"?

Spaghetti O's were mentioned. I'm not sure I've had them, but last year I bought a can of Beefaroni, at $1, for old times sake. I'm sure it's more nutritious (sarcasm). But it's still sitting in the pantry, I think. It should come in handy if we get 10 feet of snow some day.

Other than that, I can't eat food that still has eyes and stare at me. I'm thinking giant full fried prawns I've had in Japan, and a fish head in Tahiti (neither of which I ordered, it was just part of the pre arranged menu). Yeach!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2010 23:47 #22 by Local_Historian
Liver. I was anemic, and there was no pill then that small kids could digest, so we had it 5-6 times a week. My mother admits to giving me a huge piece and then bargaining with me for half - the amount she really wanted me to eat! I have not had liver since 1973 - and never again.

Creamed tuna on toast with peas - another childhood staple - another never again.

Some of the more exotic friuts - kiwi, starfruit. If it was all there was to eat, I'd eat them, but not otherwise.

13 Aug 2010 02:16 #23 by Mr Peabody
Replied by Mr Peabody on topic Foods that gross you out
Anchovies

13 Aug 2010 08:46 #24 by ComputerBreath
I forgot to mention tuna. The taste is OK, but when I was younger one of my friends told me that the blue meat in tuna was mouse...since then, I just can't eat it, even though I know it isn't true.

13 Aug 2010 19:47 #25 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Foods that gross you out
After some thought, I needed to add 2 things I will not eat; Birthday cake and toasted marshmallows.

First birthday cake, you have a pile of whipped sugar and butter fat, spread over a plop of refined flour that somebody just sneezed on to blow out the candles. Talk about a septic environment.

Marshmallows, this goes back to a childhood incident. Imagine flaming globs of hot sticky molten sugar, (napalm) flying around on pointed sticks. it’s all fun until somebody get hurt. I wouldn't let my kids play with loaded guns and we didn't have smores.

29 Oct 2010 19:19 #26 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Foods that gross you out
Just saw this thread.

Anchovies and cauliflower.

29 Oct 2010 19:38 #27 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Foods that gross you out
Man looking disgustedly at a large pizza, "This pizza has anchovies!"
Pizza delivery boy, "But you said everything on it."
Man, "Yes, I said 'everything', not 'anything'".

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds