To all of you a heartfelt thanks.

14 Aug 2010 18:47 #1 by CinnamonGirl
To all of you a heartfelt thanks. was created by CinnamonGirl
HI,

I just wanted to tell you after weeks and weeks or working on this site with my co founder I was looking forward to meeting all of you today at the first 285bound.com picnic. When I was working technically with the site in the beginning, alot of what drove me was giving everyone a place talk to their neighbors (especially those that were not allowed to on another site) freely. It is true, I was thinking of the people that were locked out of their community the whole time. And of course the networks and affiliates were part of this dream. I have been so impressed with the volunteers that have helped us. I was really looking forward to meeting the people I have been conversing and working with all these weeks. Unfortunately, a minor emergency kept me from coming to the picnic and I am very sad.

I am very sorry I was not able to meet you all but I do feel like I am part of the community. You have been very good to me and I hope to see you someday. In the meantime, JMC and I will work as hard as we can to make this a welcoming community for everyone. I adore all of you.

Just a small teaser, in the next week and more we have some cool surprises that we have been working on that I think you will all love.

Kind Regards,

Robyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2010 20:04 #2 by ShilohLady
You were missed, Robyn! It was a great picnic and I met many people that I didn't know already.

14 Aug 2010 21:11 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic To all of you a heartfelt thanks.

CinnamonGirl wrote: HI,

I just wanted to tell you after weeks and weeks or working on this site with my co founder I was looking forward to meeting all of you today at the first 285bound.com picnic. When I was working technically with the site in the beginning, alot of what drove me was giving everyone a place talk to their neighbors (especially those that were not allowed to on another site) freely. It is true, I was thinking of the people that were locked out of their community the whole time. And of course the networks and affiliates were part of this dream. I have been so impressed with the volunteers that have helped us. I was really looking forward to meeting the people I have been conversing and working with all these weeks. Unfortunately, a minor emergency kept me from coming to the picnic and I am very sad.

I am very sorry I was not able to meet you all but I do feel like I am part of the community. You have been very good to me and I hope to see you someday. In the meantime, JMC and I will work as hard as we can to make this a welcoming community for everyone. I adore all of you.

Just a small teaser, in the next week and more we have some cool surprises that we have been working on that I think you will all love.

Kind Regards,

Robyn

No problem CG

14 Aug 2010 21:25 #4 by Wayne Harrison
<SNORF!> You didn't show up, either, VL. We came very close to piling in a car and taking the party over to your house.

15 Aug 2010 07:38 #5 by CC
Robyn....We have all come to see you and JMC as family. Thank you for letting us be a small part of this. It has truly become a labor of love. You guys have created a wonderful place for folks to get together and share information and a few laughs along the way.
Thank you for your vision and hard work.
We love you to.
Becky

15 Aug 2010 08:41 #6 by rlcarolyn
Sorry my husband and I couldn't make it, my grandmother who is 99 and lives in Littleton had a problem and we had to go down and assist her. She will be celebrating her 100th birthday in November. We are 5 generations strong and soon to be 6 generations. We are a Real homestead family and have been here for 6 generations already, since 1888 in Littleton. Grandma was born in, what is now called Evergreen, back then it was called Evergreen Mountain and a part of Morrison. Pretty neat going back in time listening to her about the old days and her kitty that her dad killed. (it was a mountain Lion) LOL. Anyway sorry we couldn't make it. Next time we will be there.

15 Aug 2010 09:04 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic To all of you a heartfelt thanks.
Wow 100! That is very cool. I have a grandmother that is 101.

15 Aug 2010 13:46 #8 by HEARTLESS
Hope to see those we missed at another event before long.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

15 Aug 2010 14:36 #9 by The Viking
You were greatly missed Robyn. I do hope we get to meet soon. Am keeping your family in my prayers.

15 Aug 2010 14:39 #10 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: <SNORF!> You didn't show up, either, VL. We came very close to piling in a car and taking the party over to your house.

Wayne, don't you know that VL is everywhere in his mind, so technically, he may have thought he was there.

The next party I went to was right down the street form him. I wish you would have given me the address, then I could have stopped in and had a beer with him.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds