Doubled the size of the site in 4 days!!

25 May 2010 23:18 #1 by The Viking
We were at 63 members at the end of the 21st. In the last 4 days we have added 63 more! Way to go Bounders!! :woo hoo: :Cheer: :Cheer :love: :swinging: :grouphug: :notworthy: :party :frienddrink: :Drunk: :wave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 00:04 #2 by Wayne Harrison
I think it shows that another alternative was really needed up here.

Remember when Safeway was the ONLY grocery store up here for so long? Now, there's King Soopers, too.

Safeway didn't go out of business just because King Soopers opened up, but they did start paying more attention to their customers and their prices.

Now, we have a real choice.

26 May 2010 06:07 #3 by RenegadeCJ
Are you SURE Safeway isn't going to go out of business?? It's getting awfully quiet in that parking lot these days! :Whistle

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

26 May 2010 06:19 #4 by RenegadeCJ

WayneHarrison wrote: I think it shows that another alternative was really needed up here.

Remember when Safeway was the ONLY grocery store up here for so long? Now, there's King Soopers, too.

Safeway didn't go out of business just because King Soopers opened up, but they did start paying more attention to their customers and their prices.

Now, we have a real choice.

Nice work on everything here...best attempt at a PC alternative yet, and lots have tried in the past. I think this one may stay!!

Question for the powers that be...one of the main draws that brought/brings PC people together is the info available there.

Any chance someone can woo one of the weather guys over here (wxgeek or spaz)?

Do we have a scanner monitor for fire info when it comes?

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

26 May 2010 06:26 - 10 Dec 2014 13:39 #5 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 May 2010 06:30 #6 by Wayne Harrison
I can't speak for the mgt as I am just a volunteer but I can tell you as far as scanner monitoring, we've got three of the original PC scanner monitors already on board and they've been busy posting. Jack just posted the link.

I haven't noticed that this site is trying to "raid" any other site. People come over on their own volition, so I'm guessing it would be like that with the weather guys. And this isn't an either/or situation. People are free to post or read whatever website they chose, although those in power somewhere else may have a different view of that.

BTW, welcome!

26 May 2010 06:56 #7 by RenegadeCJ

WayneHarrison wrote: I can't speak for the mgt as I am just a volunteer but I can tell you as far as scanner monitoring, we've got three of the original PC scanner monitors already on board and they've been busy posting. Jack just posted the link.

I haven't noticed that this site is trying to "raid" any other site. People come over on their own volition, so I'm guessing it would be like that with the weather guys. And this isn't an either/or situation. People are free to post or read whatever website they chose, although those in power somewhere else may have a different view of that.

BTW, welcome!

That is what I meant...just letting the weather guru's know this site is here too....I don't think they should sign a 3 yr contract with a non-compete clause!!

26 May 2010 07:53 #8 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Doubled the size of the site in 4 days!!
I'm not taking all the credit for that but I think I deserve a substantial portion of it.

26 May 2010 08:27 #9 by CC
LOL You are such a bonehead. :)

26 May 2010 08:33 #10 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: I'm not taking all the credit for that but I think I deserve a substantial portion of it.

Huh????????????

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds