Horrible experience at Three Margaritas today!

10 Apr 2014 13:52 #1 by Sunshine Girl
Last time I give Three Margaritas a chance. EVER! :HappyWave:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2014 15:22 #2 by JMC
Was it food, service or both?

10 Apr 2014 15:56 #3 by FredHayek
I usually give them a shot about every year or so and they always disappoint. The wife finally told me no more.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Apr 2014 16:34 #4 by Sunshine Girl
My meal was fine, but my daughter's was not. She only ate one bite and we asked the owner to take it away because she couldn't eat it. She said just leave it there and don't eat it, which we did. When the check came they charged us for it and both the server and the owner REFUSED to take it off the bill. I have never had any experience close to this before. I had no intention of paying for it. I didn't want to only pay my meal and leave because I knew they would call the police. I called them instead and they came out. When the manager finally came over I happened to be on the phone with dispatch (the owner didn't know I was on the phone with them) and I asked her one more time if she would please remove my daughter's meal from the ticket and she refused again (the dispatch heard this). So, I said fine and that the sheriff was coming. She changed her tune REALLY fast and said she would take my daughter's meal off and then offered to comp. my meal too which I told her wasn't needed. We've eaten there many times with usually good food and service. This wasn't just an "off" experience. The server wasn't very nice (more times out of not she is but it's hit and miss) and this was my first AND LAST experience with the owner. I think she was worried about being out a meal. Now she is out with us for customers for ever. There is a really good 3 Margaritas on Wadsworth that we good to as well and they will get our business, not her! Sadly, this was the worst dining experience I've had in my entire life. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

10 Apr 2014 16:36 #5 by Sunshine Girl

FredHayek wrote: I usually give them a shot about every year or so and they always disappoint. The wife finally told me no more.

She sounds like a very smart woman! :woo hoo:

10 Apr 2014 18:15 #6 by LOL
Sorry to hear, but not surprised. About the only place we like in Conifer is JJ Madwells. And Its worth the drive to Evergreen or Zokas for better choices. C'mon Conifer you can do better! JMFO LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Apr 2014 21:27 #7 by ScienceChic
Hiya SG, nice to see you again! I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at 3 Margs. I was just there Monday night and the 5 of us had a fine dinner with no problems. I've never heard of an experience like that one, and I hope it's not repeated for sure.

I love going to Brooks, Rustic Station, Golden Stix (they're expanding!), and Cabin Creek. Wing Wagon is great when I've got a hankering for fries or a gyro. It's a drive, but Kenosha Cafe has great burgers (I just don't get out that far all that often). Zoka's is tasty too, as is Bucksnort, but those are too far for a weekday lunch so they are special occasions. Crossroads is convenient for meeting people and the pizza's not bad, but I'm spoiled on my hubby's homemade pizza so it's hard to impress me there. :)

LOL is obviously a food snob. :tongue: :biggrin: :HappyWave:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Apr 2014 12:03 #8 by Cathy_Lee
We've never had a bad meal or bad experience at Three Margaritas.

You never explained what was wrong with your daughter's order. You just said she took one bite and refused to eat the rest. Did you try it to see if you concurred? Did your daughter tell the waitress what she found wrong wtih the meal? Did she ask for a replacement? Taking a bite out of an order and then refusing to pay... I can see why they were reluctant to not charge you for it.

Calling the sheriff over it was over the top, IMO. They've got more important things to handle

11 Apr 2014 21:04 #9 by Venturer
We have never had a problem. Not even recently. When one of our party had a problem with their order she mentioned what the issue was, the plate was whisked away, another brought with their apologies and then the server followed up to make sure everything was ok. Now that is a business who wants you to come back.

17 Apr 2014 13:20 #10 by Sunshine Girl
Usually it is good or they fix it, this time was ridiculous. I feel it really had more to do with the owner than the servers choice of what to do. Cathy, actually the operator said that I made the right choice. That was a first time experience (and hopefully last) for me. Looking back I would have not called, paid what was on the check, and never gone back. I am down the hill almost every day so they have other locations that are near the places I going. No worries there. I don't think many (if any) people from down the hill drive up here just to go there. No. #1 rule in business is take care of your customer or someone else will. The fix would have been so easy! :(

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds