PUSH lawnmower assistance?

11 Jun 2014 08:17 #1 by homeagain
Have an old fashion push lawnmower...REALLY in good condition, just needs blades sharpened
and it would be good to go....called around with NO luck...I was hoping someone here on MMT
had a suggestion on where I can get blades sharpened (without going far into the city).... :HappyWave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2014 08:33 #2 by Blazer Bob
Ask Chainsaw Bob. If he does not do them he probably can direct you to someone who can.

http://www.chainsawbobs.com/

11 Jun 2014 11:03 #3 by homeagain
I thought of Chainsaw Bob...but figured NAW,probably not....called and he DOES do push
lawnmowers :woo hoo: THANKS BB...

11 Jun 2014 11:08 #4 by ScienceChic
I'd offer my hubby's services, as he sharpens our own, but it means a trip to the city (though I'd offer a meal and wine as sweetener!). :) Chainsaw Bob is a good place to start.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jun 2014 11:52 #5 by homeagain
THANKS for the offer SC, I'm giving Chainsaw Bob at shot at it...I DO have an antique carving
set (antler handles,made in the early 1900's that I would like to have sharpened and polished
up...is that something your husband can do? I would gladly take them down into town, IF he
could make the set "shine"? (I was thinking of giving it as a gift to someone who has a Victorian
Lodge motif)....a Thanksgiving Gift of gratitude and plentiful "bounty:". :grilling:

11 Jun 2014 12:14 #6 by ScienceChic
I can ask him, he sharpens our kitchen knives on a regular basis but I don't know about polishing.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jun 2014 19:40 #7 by Engineer2207
Homeagain,

I am in the Pine area. I would be happy to sharpen your lawnmower blade for free, if you still need it.

11 Jun 2014 21:28 #8 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic PUSH lawnmower assistance?
I thought this thread would be about assistance pushing the lawn mower :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Jun 2014 06:13 #9 by homeagain

Engineer2207 wrote: Homeagain,

I am in the Pine area. I would be happy to sharpen your lawnmower blade for free, if you still need it.

How very sweet of you!....I'll give ChainSaw Bob a shot because his wife has health problems
and he could use the money....THANKS so very much, tho.

12 Jun 2014 06:15 #10 by homeagain

jf1acai wrote: I thought this thread would be about assistance pushing the lawn mower :wink:

SEE, now I never thought of that, BUT,it could be a nice close encounter..... :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds