Elevation Celebration

10 Jul 2014 05:56 #1 by MLB24
Elevation Celebration was created by MLB24
Saturday, July 12th from 8a-8p
FREE community event on Sutton Road (behind Aspen Park Wine & Spirits)
featuring live music, vendors, artisans, XtremeZone presented by Conifer Community Church (Bounce House, Minute to Win it games, prizes, arts & crafts and more!), Craft Beer Tasting (Breckenridge Brewery's Summerbright, Dale's Pale Ale & Boulder Beer's Hazed & Infused) while supplies last!

Event Schedule
8:00a Elevation 5k Race Register at www.CLUBCHS.org
10:00a-11:15a Stone Breaker sponsored by Brian Himmelman State Farm Insurance
Myers’ Marauder’s Wild West Reenactment
11:35a-12:50p Bradford Junction sponsored by Metro Solar
1:10p-2:40p Austin Young Band sponsored by Spectrum Electric
3:00p-4:15p Midnight Rider of Colorado
4:35p-6:00p Kicked to the Curb sponsored by Moore Lumber
6:30p-8:00p The Bucktones sponsored by Brooks Place Tavern
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2014 16:37 #2 by coniferchambercommerce
Press Release – for immediate release – Conifer Chamber of Commerce Elevation Celebration

For the second year in a row high-altitude fun will be available during the Elevation Celebration at Aspen Park in Conifer. Presented by the Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce the event will showcase free live music, children’s’ activities, a 5k walk/run, artisans, food and beer sampling.

The festivities will take place July 12 on Sutton Rd 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., just behind Aspen Park Wine and Spirits with easy on and off access to Highway 285. The location is only 13 miles from C470 and free parking will be available at the Aspen Park RTD lot at Taylor and Dallman Drive.

The 5k walk/run will begin at 8 .a.m. and registration will begin at 7 a.m. at the West Jefferson Elementary School at 26501 Barkley Rd. Early registration is $30 and can be made online at www.clubchs.org and www.active.com or in person at Grow Your Own at 27051 Barkley Rd.

Live music starts at 10 a.m. and the entertainment includes Stonebraker, The Bradford Junction Band, Kicked to the Curb, The Bucktones, The Austin Young Band and Midnight Flyer of Colorado.

The Conifer Community Church will host XtremeZone featuring Minute to Win It Games, Crafts, a Bounce House and other children’s activities.

A beer garden will be on site offering craft beer tasting and brews including Coors Light, Oskar Blues Dales Pale, Breckenridge SummerBright and Colorado Native.

This wonderful celebration could not take place without the numerous sponsors who help offset the costs of this free event:

The musical entertainment is sponsored by Brian Himmelman State Farm Insurance (Stonebraker), Metro Solar (The Bradford Junction Band), Moore Lumber & Hardware (Kicked to the Curb), Spectrum Electric (The Austin Young Band) and Brooks Place Tavern (The Bucktones).

Additional support for the event comes from Jefferson County Commissioners, 1st Bank, Morse Evergreen Autobody, MyMountainTown.com, Marketing Type Guys, IREA, Creekside Insurance, Taspen's Organic and Holistic Wellness Center, Mutual of Omaha Bank, Dominical Design and Starfish Ads.

Nothing goes better with an event like this then good food and there will be plenty available. Vendors will include Simply Twisted serving funnel cakes, nachos and breakfast burritos, Fresh Fries dishes up fresh-cut homemade hearty fries, Dreamdogs with their hearty hot dogs and turkey legs and Brian’s Goods Eats offering platefuls of street tacos.

Further information about the Elevation Celebration can be obtain at the chamber website www.goconifer.com/conifer_community_elevation-celebration and for the 5k race see chambermaster.goconifer.com/Events/detai...ion-celebration-1535 or by calling 303-838-5711.

25997 Conifer Road, Unit D4, Conifer - 2nd floor, east side.
(Mailing address: PO Box 127, Conifer, CO 80433)
303-838-5711

www.goconifer.com
www.facebook.com/ConiferAreaChamberofCommerce
twitter.com/ConiferChamber
Monthly Breakfast Meeting every 2nd Friday of the month. Doors open at 7:15am. Please join us! Register in advance at GoConifer.Com

11 Jul 2014 14:22 #3 by 285Tourism
Replied by 285Tourism on topic Elevation Celebration
The beer tent is up and the stage has been delivered - we're getting excited for tomorrow! There's a great variety of vendors coming, several that are planning kids crafts, some to help with mitigating your property, food, clothing, jewelry, and so much more. Please stop by our booth and get maps and other area information!

Attachments:

12 Jul 2014 19:18 #4 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Elevation Celebration
Thanks to all those who were up in the wee hours of night/early morning to assist in the 5K Run.

12 Jul 2014 20:07 #5 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Elevation Celebration
Were there a lot of no shows on the vendors or did I miss an area? I don't remember seeing some of those listed. Was looking forward to street tacos and to see what Leashes by Liz and the Lion Dog BAkery were all about. I did get to see Austin Young Band. That made up for the rain!

Hopefully you will have better weather next time!

13 Jul 2014 09:26 #6 by Reverend Revelant

Ashley wrote: Thanks to all those who were up in the wee hours of night/early morning to assist in the 5K Run.

In case anyone is wondering. Kevin Johnson, 18, was the winner and second place was taken by Warren Kish, 44.

It appeared that fun was had by all at the race.

I was taking pictures for The Flume and also spent a few hours over at the Celebration. I really liked Stonebraker (and got some good close up action shots of the band working it).

I don't know which pics will be run, but check the Flume next Friday.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

14 Jul 2014 10:37 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Elevation Celebration

pacamom wrote: Were there a lot of no shows on the vendors or did I miss an area? I don't remember seeing some of those listed. Was looking forward to street tacos and to see what Leashes by Liz and the Lion Dog BAkery were all about. I did get to see Austin Young Band. That made up for the rain!

Hopefully you will have better weather next time!

As far as I know, only 2 vendors didn't come (I don't know which two); I think Lion Dog Bakery may have left early. The other empty spaces were rest tents that we were going to set up, but we ended up short on volunteers in the morning and ran out of time to get them up.

All of the music was fantastic. It did drizzle off and on all day, but not even hard enough that I had to bring any of my paper in. It poured on us as we tore down though, so we ended up leaving more than we'd planned for the next day. Thanks to the volunteers who came Sunday and helped, it didn't take too much past noon!

We'd love any feedback that you have so we can make next year's event even better! Don't forget to Like our Elevation Celebration Facebook Page for more detailed updates.

Our next Chamber event will be OctoBEERfest in September at Brooks Place Tavern. But there's lots going on before then, so be sure to download our new 285Tourism Mobile App to find out what's happening, or check our My Mountain Town Community Calendar !

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Jul 2014 10:47 #8 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Elevation Celebration
I know it's not a Chamber event, but when is the beer tasting/BBQ challenge?

Thanks for the info on the vendors, I may have just missed what I was looking for due to the weather. At least I have a new shirt!

14 Jul 2014 11:00 - 14 Jul 2014 11:01 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Elevation Celebration
Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge is August 15-16 at Meyer's Ranch! They've filled up all their BBQ Challenge spots and have a waiting list now, and they've so far booked 15 Colorado microbreweries to bring over 60 beers for you to taste. $25 gets you a souvenir glass and all the beer you can drink (please bring a DD, or plan a taxi ride home). They'll have wine too. :)

More details on our calendar posting below.
mymountaintown.com/calendar/eventdetail/...er-mtn-bbq-challenge

The Conifer Rotary is also selling peaches again this year, and will have leftovers for sale at the BBQ Challenge. If you want to make sure you get some before they are gone, fill out an order for and turn it in before Aug 1st. Pcikup is at Mountain Books on August 15th from 9am-5pm. $32/box.

www.clubrunner.ca/Data/5450/4257/HTML/22...achOrderForm2014.pdf

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds